AF July anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF July anyone

Hey, people, every day is a new day. Every day is a chance to get it right. Remember, if you don't have the first drink, then you never have the second. When you feel a trigger being pulled, stop for just a second and and rethink your posible actions. Then change course, do something different, even if it means getting up and walking outside for a breath of fresh air. Fix a Non Alcohol drink (I use cranberry and soda, Mrs. BHOG prefers cranberry and tonic). The important thing is to change your response. You all probably know the old line--"No one can force me to drink, I'm a volunteer?" Change it!
    NO ONE CAN FORCE ME TO DRINK, I'M A NON-DRINKER
    Stay Strong!
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

AF July anyone

Hi everyone,

BHOG is so right on this one - drinking or not drinking is a choice that you get to make every day. The more often you choose not drinking the easier it becomes. Think through the drink and consider your other options.

I wish you all the best,
      Beck
      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

AF July anyone

this morning is the beginning of day 6 for me. the depression and doubt has hit. i feel like crap. morning is a tough ride for me. i'm going back to sleep. i'm sure it didn't help that i didn't sleep well last night. again. very frustrating.
        i'm riddled w/doubt. not about eliminating AL from my life but about upcoming decisions. and why people have to be so critical and tough on others instead of looking at themselves. whatever. i know if i'm looking to find fault w/someone i only need to go as far as my front door.

Comment

AF July anyone

Hi All, Been having computer "domain name server" problems at home. So at the library, hopefully wiil get restored "like NOW.."

I am on day 5 of AF, got my supps book and cd today! Took the supps read the book when I get home going to start the cds. Kept away from AL so that when I got back online I could say that I was AF, thanks for this sight!

Lot of discussion in my heads but so far so good, hope to be able to be checking here daily ok twice daily, ok thrice...ok zillionices . cuz myself is tired of itself. Thinking that the hypno will help.

type to you soon,

wmo2
          workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

AF July anyone

Does anyone have a link for an online pharm that takes Mastercard, they only seem to take visa?
            Thanks

Comment

AF July anyone

River Pharmacy takes Mastercard over the phone. I had good luck back when I placed an order with them (summer 2007). My shipment arrived in less than the quoted time frame, and everything was as promised.

https://www.riverpharmacy.com/frequentlyAskedQuestions.php?id=111&highlight=mast ercard

That's my experience of "one time" with them!!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF July anyone

Day 6

Hey Folks,

Today is Day 6 of being AF for me. Up until today I was managing very well. Today has been more of a struggle. Around 3PM the sun finally came out here and I really wanted to go out on the patio and have a cocktail. Took lots of willpower to stay strong and resist the temptation.

I enjoy cooking so I got busy in the kitchen and prepared my lunches and dinners for the week instead! At least I feel a sense of accomplishment and I am not interested in having a drink any longer today - thank goodness!

I know there will be lots more days like this one so I have to stay strong and continually remind myself why I am doing this....

Have a great week everyone!
                Payguy
                John
                AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

AF July anyone

Hi everybody

Hope it's not too far into July for me to join. Finished 31 days AF on Thursday last week and intended doing moderation for a week but am desperate not to go back to my bad old ways so three days has been enough - think the struggle to go AF after seven days of allowing myself to drink would be too much for me - so here I am again . . . . . . I know it will be okay once I get the first day under my belt so I've got to be aware of the 'witchin hour . . . . . . you know the funny thing is that I enjoyed my days AF far more than the three days I've just had over the weekend . . . . Look forward to talking with you throughout July Px
                  Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

AF July anyone

Good Grief,

I just realized I posted to try and be 30 days AF for JUNE! I lost a month somewhere! Think it may be time to stop drinking????????? ACK!

Comment

AF July anyone

Me too! I made it to day five a few weeks ago and felt great, not only physically, but mentally. Nice to see white eyes again! But I weakened...
                      I read this and saved it on my computer titled "The Truth":

Alcoholism robs people of their identity. It interrupts life. It becomes the focal point of existence, stripping away dignity, opportunity and fulfillment.

I can identify and don't want to be that person any more.
                      Best of luck to all!

Comment

AF July anyone

I intend to be AF 3 days a week.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

AF July anyone

July = Travel =Temtation....Doable....but scarey
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

AF July anyone

There was a big July 4th celebration in my neighborhood; Mrs BHOG and I were the only sober people there! It was very interesting to say the least! Strange how people act when they drink..stumble..say very stupid things..make promises they have no intetntion of keeping!
                            Enjoy Life! I am!
                            BHOG
                            War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Working...
                            X