Think I need to be hospitalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no health insurance and I am taking care of my grown children alone, but I really feel that I am at a critical level. I think that my family would do an "intervention" if they were not so scared of me and "it" I was shaking so bad today that I had to get more. I am out of control. The physical withdrawal is more than I can handle at this point
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Can you go to an emergency room?? If you feel this is more than you can handle, then I would definitely get some medical help!!

Comment

If you think you need to go I would just go get it over with and put your mind at ease. I know this sounds easy to say but the anxiety you are experiencing along with the physical stuff sounds like a little help would be good.

Hope you feel better and we are behind you 100%

Sammys

Comment

The beauty of my ex-husband

I don't want to leave the kids here alone and my ex is out of state, but I know that he would help me. I have been thinking about calling him. I have been in treatment 3 times. I don't think that anyone holds out any hope for me. I know that this is causing my daughter alot of anxiety. She has already been to the hospital a couple of times for Panic disorder, so I have been trying to pretend that I can handle this.

Comment

Grab the kids and all go to the emergency room. Don't ever give up on yourself no matter how many times it seems to fail. Another option and I have never tried one, are'nt there immediate numbers in the phone book for Alcoholics that need to talk ? Just want you to hang in there and get better.

Comment

Go.....go get the professional help you need.....go....in my opinion, it's your best choice right now. Renewal

Comment

I don't know

I know that there is an AA hotline, but I think that they just tell u where to find a meeting. I cannot go to a meeting right now unless someone else does the driving. Talking to u guys is helping, but I know that I cannot take the physical withdrawal.

Comment

You r right

I know that I can't do this without medical help. Thank u Renewal. Right now am hiding again from my son. I only confide in my daughter. Maybe it is time for him to help

Comment

sorry youre going through all this tonight

Hi there, how old are the kids?
                  Have you got any calms or anything in the house?
                  Take deep breaths and try to get your head together, dont panic, try to keep calm for now
                  Please pm me or anyone if you need to talk or go onto chat you will find lots of support here and others more experienced than me x

Comment

If you need to go to the ER...go. They will give you the meds you need to feel better. If you cannot, is there something you can take (other than AL) that will calm you down? Please keep posting and let us know how you are! We care and we know what you are going through. Gabby.
                    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Going to the hospital

Have my ex-husband on the phone.

Comment

good luck Sea....reaching out for help when you need it, is a good thing.
                        I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...please keep us posted.
                        You are not alone...we care!
                        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Ok, if you need help more, come back. Otherwise we assume you are getting help.
                          Please also check in when you are in the condition to do so. We are all worrying about you. ok?
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Please remember this forum does not replace medical advice. We urge you to seek professional help if you are experiencing symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
                            Sea
                            please if your experiencing some really bad physical symptoms you have to take yourself to the hospital no matter what. I hope talking to your ex and posting here is a good distraction for you but don't let things get any worse than they are. I was fortunate enough to not have such bad physical withdrawals so I can't imagine what it must be like for you but remember that this will pass and you can get through this with help and support. Don't ever consider there's no hope for you and that because you've been in 3 times before nothing is ever going to change. No one I know has got this thing licked on their first attempt or even second or third attempt. I've been at this 12 months now and It's only recently after my last slip (my 3rd) that I think the penny finally dropped.

Everyone here is rooting for you and we all want to help but you have you start with helping yourself and get these physical symptoms seen to my a professional.

My thoughts are with you tonight
                            Love and Happiness
                            Hippie
                            xx
                            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

My last hospital stay was in may. I had pancreatitis, again. If had the choice, I would not have gone. Too much pain to stay home. I think it was a good wake up call. You should think about letting the doctors " drive" the car for a while. If you can't pay the bill, send 5-10 a month. hope you feel better! very soon!!! Hugs......we are all here with you....
                              raineyjane

Comment

Working...
                              X