Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I need to be hospitalized

Sea,

I am so glad you went to the doctor and are getting through withdrawal safely.

The rest you will figure out.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks Cindi
      I am going to call my former doc on Monday and see if she will see me for cash, as I have no insurance. I will talk with her about meds etc... I am a bit afraid of antabuse because I am a nurse and am in contact with alcohol prep pads constantly. In the meantime, they have put me on Ativan for four days. I really don't like it, but it beats shaking out of my skin.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Can you try and cut the dosage down? Just to see how you do with the shaking?

Comment

So glad you are doing ok. I would highly recommend the All-One vitamin and amino acid powder recommended here. I notice a difference when I take it. I have bought it at a local health food place. On the home page here is a link for Program Updates that tell what RJ is currently recommending for supplements. I think the plan to tell the new person in your life that you can not drink is good. Keep checking in. Do alcohol wipes cause a problem with antibuse?

Comment

Sea,

I am in SC. I take Kudzu (4x daily), L-Glut (4x daily), B-12 (1x daily am), a multi-vitamin (that I get at Sam's Club) called Ultimate Women's, a Sundown product called Healthy Liver (2x daily) and Sam-e. I also take either Calm's Forte or True Calm if I have any anxiety (very little these days). I order the Kudzu from MWO and everything else I get at the health food store. This combo really seems to work for me. The supps aren't super cheap but compared to what I spent on AL they are nothing. I also recommend cutting most of the sugar and complex carbs out of your diet. I find it helps with the cravings.

Are you eating? I know that I have a hard time even thinking about food when I am recovering from W/D's but you really should eat something. It will help. Are you feeling any better? Gabby.
            Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Never put the reason of lack of health insurance to stop you from taking care of yourself. Your survival , your life , is more important than a bill.
              Never let go.........
              PS I'm a Libra too, I understand

Comment

Hi Sea,

I am also a fellow New Englander (Connecticut). I am kind of new to this sight (been lurking for year, but active as you have posted to me, for about a month. This is a terrible disease. I am in law, not employment, but I have resources for questions if you need it. I tried the topa and worked INCREDIBLY, but for me, the side effects were to much. This is not uncommon for me, any prescribed drug I take, I always get every side effect. But,,, if you can tolerate it, it took me for 4-6 drinks a day (I know some people don't think this is that extreme, but for me, my tolerance was small and enough to make me a drunk idiot) to one to none.....after 24 days I had to abandon the topa but it was enough time for me to learn different habits that have helped me in this battle (like opening a beer when I get home from work, I now go directly to the gym).
                I take the Primrose 2x daily, Gaba 2x daily L-Lysene (2xdaily) Kudzu (only from this website) 3x daily, and unfortunately, I take ambien (5mg) , to sleep. I am not a big advocate for sleeping aids, but it takes the "worry" about the anxiety of sleeping at night.

Break old habits by creating new ones.... If you fell everyday, you would try to get up everyday. That's what it's like for all of us. There is no failure in trying, if it is once or thirty times. The only failure is in giving up on ourselves. Our life is a gift, and we have no right to send it back

Thanks for posting when I needed it....I send it back to you as part of both of our recovery...Much love and hope for a better tomorrow...Jodi
                AF since 2/4/10
                Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                FINALLY FREE

Comment

Wow Shiraz
                  Never thought I would see this thread again, but I am glad that u brought it to the forefront. I read every single page, and yes, it is helpful to go back and see where I was just a little over a month ago. It does remain fresh in my memory, and I do not want to go back there. I am just amazed at all of the support that I received at that time, and continue to receive. It brought tears to my eyes. To think all of these people who don't even know us really do care. Getting all wishy washy. I love u guys.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

It brought tears to mine too. I never realised the hell you went through. You are one strong lady Sea
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I just saw this thread as well. I really hope you are doing better, just remember you are never truly alone and there is hope for you. Try to drinks lots of fluid and really put some good food into your body, as well as try to get as much rest as you possibly can.

Comment

Seacalin. try calling the VOA volunteers of america I know they have a detox program my girlfriend went thru it and I think it was free........... look in the phone book of your area

Comment

Sea,
                          It was good for me to read this thread also. I am so sorry you had to go through that, but it appears that you are doing quite well now. If I am correct, you have been AF since early July. Did you find the mix of supps that works well for you? I am still experimenting with a few. I am "in awe" of what you have accomplished. Keep up the good work. You have been a real source of encouragement and help to us all. kriger
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                          X