Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi all

Up and about and got a moment so will start thread today. Not a lot to say other than in big fat red letters do it ODAT!!!

I gotta do it that way. I've joined the July thread but I can only do it ODAT. I'm not at a good starting point (wrong time of the month and stressed by having everything to do and not enough time to do it) but I am determined too. There are no 'events' looming on the horizon that I have to deal with so if I just knuckle down to each day I could do it. Even then, it is only a couple of hours out of each day in the evening that are a challenge so really wtf am I worried about!! :H:H

Bessie xxx

ODAT - Wednesday

I indulged yesterday but rather than focusing on that I'm going to look forward to today and get today right. I can do today.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

I know!

The thought of doing the whole of July 'dry' boggles my brain
      I'm with you today Bessie, did yesterday, early days though, wish me luck this is another odat for me too!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi ODATers

Feeling yuk today and couldn't work out why as have managed to cut way down on the AL over the last couple of weeks. Friend suggested taking temperature and wow I'm hot! Sadly this is not a reflection of my attractiveness but the fact that I have a temperature of 39 degrees - I'm poorly.......

So used to feeling sh*t with a hangover never considered anything else could make me feel ill - so am hopeing this thing will go quickly

Stick with it you guys!

Bx

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hello everyone,

Good luck on your July goals. ODAT can work. For me it is really just about making good choices. It is tough at first but it does get easier as it becomes your new habit.

Fairyfeet, just focus on today. When I started in Feb (the shortest month 30 days seemed unmanageable. Five months later and "forever" is boggling my mind. I've started thinking ODAT again.

Bessie, I've been away for awhile...good to see your alter ego "walnut" banished.

Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

I'm here and starting day 13!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Morning ODATers,

I am with you all. One day, I can do, the rest of the future looms too large. So, yes, one day at a time.

Mad Mummy, the same exact thing happened to me when I first got sober. About two weeks into it I came down with some sort of virus. It took me a couple of days to figure out I was sick.

Hope all meet their goals today, no matter what they are.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good day to all! As usual, Bessie, you are up early and raring to go! Beck is oh so correct! When I first started this plan, even planning on being sober scared the CR** right out of me! Now, after several months, it is more of a first nature than anything. Wine, which used to be my drink of choice, does not even sound good. BUT, and this is very important, you have to take the changes in very small doses. For me, it worked out to about 15 minutes at a time! I spent a LOT of time here on MWO during the first few weeks as becoming AF became a reality.
                Stay Strong!
                BHOG---kicking ALice's butt a day at a time.
                War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

UNI says hi - doing very well on hols

Been in touch with Uni while she is away on her hols. She's doing really well and asked me to say hi to all the ODAT thread. She's really moderating well and even more chuffed by the fact that she hasn't had a cigarette either. Sounds really positive and happy - great way to enjoy a holiday!

Bessie xx
                  (Uni's temporary representative on MWO!! :H)

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi everyone,
                    I've not been posting lately and haven't felt I've done that well. Feeling down for no reason today other than was expecting to go on a trip but couldn't as my son is off school ill. Poor thing looks really run down.
                    Well I'm taking it ODAT as when I think about the future it looms big and daunting! This really is a great thread.
                    Take care everyone
                    Evie
                    Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
                    Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
                    For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
                    "

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Day All!

Kinda quiet on the ODAT thread lately. I'm sure everyone is busy as I am.

Garden keeps growing,as do the weeds. Planted some wildflowers the other day, hope they come up--my petunias look pretty sick. It is just too hot and windy here!

Well, I did the 30 days-quite easily I might add. No social events to hang me up. I think eventually I'll moderate--but this AF thing feels pretty good right now. Have to big urge to drink which is really nice. Have a family reunion this weekend. It could be a bit of a challenge, but should be fun. Haven't seen a lot of my immediate family since last year.

I got my new supplements yesterday. I'm going to keep experimenting a little. I ordered the 5HTP and True Calm, and Omega 3-6-9, and Evening Primrose. I was taking GABA on an as needed basis, and it really helped my mood. So I'm hoping with these combinations I'll be so calm and less tense they'll have to check my pulse to see if I'm alive!:H

Have a great day all!!:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Morning to ODAT

I have not been posting lately, I guess too bush going back and forth to the beach. The good news is that I am still sober and NEVER would have gotten this far without you all -- that is an absolute truth. Now I am on my 54th day sober.

I am taking antabuse and for me I think that is necessary and I probably will continue taking it for quite some time to come. It also keeps me sober because lately I have had the urge to drink "just one" and thankfully, the antabuse kept me from trying it. In my heart of hearts I know that for me there will never ever be "just one".

I hope you all have a beautiful AF or Mod day, and that you all achieve your goals,

Warm regards,
                        Matt

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Its me...day 16 from the last few drinks, although it will be 9 months altogether i have been sober. Kinda? only 5 slips for me..i am staying off the sauce! :H

Comment

Working...
                          X