Time to get healthy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get healthy...

Today I am taking the step to stop drinking, again. I say that because there was a time in my life when I quit drinking for 15 years. Then one day, in a depressed funk about "who knows what" I took a drink and kept at it. That was ten years ago. I admit that my drinking has not cost me the problems I did before I quit the first time but I do know that my health is not good because of it. I feel lousy most of the time and do not want to die an alcoholic death. I was never successful in AA, even during the 15 years of abstinence. I am hoping I get support here and I will also work at supporting all of you in your struggles and hoped success. Thank you in advance for caring and I return that care to you.

Time to get healthy...

Hi Dominick
    It is a fairly new battle for me too, although I have been on the site for a while
    I have the book, and can really relate to everyone else here, at least I dont feel so alone in my struggle here
    Its late here in UK so I dont know how many people will be around this time of night, but you are not alone here
    We all now what it is like to batter our bodies!

Comment

Time to get healthy...

Dominick,

:welcome:

I suggest you download the book. It is only about $13.00 -- the cost of a decent bottle of wine.

The program is made up of supplements (you can buy them here or at any good health store), hypnosis cds (I have not tried them, so cannot speak to them), exercise and topamax.

Lots of people do not try the topamax because it requires a doctor BUT many do and have great success with it.

In any case. Again, welcome, I am glad you are here and hope we can be of help to you.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Time to get healthy...

Welcome Dominick. Hope being here is helpful for you.

Comment

Time to get healthy...

Dominick ~ welcome.

Most people do suggest that you start with the book. It is a fast and great read. But also, read a lot of the old posts. There is a lot of fantastic inspiration out there. Post often too. It helps to get things off your chest so to speak.

Good luck. We are here for you.

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Time to get healthy...

Welcome Dominick,
            You will find much support here and see that you are not a alone is your struggles. Like you the AA thing wasn't for me, but the people on this site are truly here for you. I am new as well, day 6.
            I wish you strenghth and success in your in journey. Post any time you need someone to "talk to."
            aplgrl
            "The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don?t want it badly enough." - Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Comment

Time to get healthy...

Welcome, Look, listen and absorb and I'm sure this site and its members will be of tremendous help.
              Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Working...
              X