Newbie onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie onboard

Hi, I am new to this and to be honest Im pretty new to talking to anyone about my drinking problem. Thought this would be a safe place to start.

Newbie onboard

Hi there Art - just saying Hello from across the road.

Welcome.

Comment

Newbie onboard

Welcome Artoffol. Very safe place to start. I'm new too. Great people here with lots of support and great advice. Keep coming back, daily if possible.

SunDaisy
      Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Newbie onboard

Welcome Art - I love this place!!!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Newbie onboard

:colorwelcome: Art!! This is a terrific place for support as we all work to get our drinking (or in my case NOT drinking) under control. One of the most refreshing things about finding My Way Out for me was like you mention - being able to honestly TALK about the problem with others who understand.

If you haven't already done this, I highly recommend downloading the My Way Out book from the Health Store section. That's a great place to start.

Best wishes!

DG
          Celebrating 45 Hangover Free Days!
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbie onboard

Welcome to this community! It is a great place to get your drinking under control - whatever that means to you. Once you feel comfortable, open up about your story. Then people will get to know you and will be able to help you out and give great advice. In the short term, get to know eveyone here and think about what you want to accomplish. The first thing you will learn is that you are not alone and that you can beat this problem in many different ways. I went from drinking 24 cans of beer a day to now being AL free for nearly 60 days and feeling great. The first week I thought I was going to die! But each day got a little better.

Buy the book, visit often, post and learn. You will find a plan that works well for you...Case

Comment

Newbie onboard

Welcome Atroffol! You have indeed found a safe place. I am on day 9, and for the first time I have found a group of supporters that make me feel 'normal.' What I especially like it that I don't have to introduce myself everying day followed by the words "and I'm an alcoholic." Duh?

Visit often, read a lot, post when comfortable. We are here for each other.
              aplgrl
              "The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don?t want it badly enough." - Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Comment

Newbie onboard

Welcome

I just wanted to welcome u. I am new here also. I am currently trying to beat physical withdrawl and am not feeling well. I have been sucessful for several years in the past, so I know that it can be done. I am going to download the book and read it as soon as I get through these first few days of horrow. The people here are very supportive. Hope to see u around. I wish u the best.
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbie onboard

:welcome:

Just jump in and post, and read, and tell the truth. That's what I did.

We post about struggles, failures, successes, thoughts, everything. Just keep on visiting and we will do everything to try to help. this is a great community.

one, x

Comment

Newbie onboard

Welcome, welcome, welcome,

You are in a great, safe place. You may find a little of yourself in many of our stories. There isn't judgement here. A lot of support, care, laughter, tears, and sometimes some tough love. Once you are here you will find what works for you and sometimes it takes more than once to get it right. Hang around. Gabby.
                    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Newbie onboard

Welcome! Very safe place to start to talk about your problem.

Comment

Newbie onboard

Hello Art,

Welcome -- I'm new, too, and have so enjoyed coming to this site daily as I listen to the "subliminal" cd sold on this site in the set of 4. I like the affirmation I get in reading all the stories and struggles, and feel I can be honest without the judgement. There are some remarkable souls that post here -- come often!

V.

Comment

Newbie onboard

Welcome to the Board! I don`t talk to anyone about my issues and problems with drinking either..it`s not something I wish to be told to others. I hope you find what you are looking for and get the help and support you need.

Comment

Newbie onboard

Thank you to you all for the warm welcome. Will take your thoughts on board and try and come in daily.

Comment

Newbie onboard

Welcome to you! Im new here too and come here daily to read people's posts and contribute. I find it so lonely being addicted to alcohol that this forum is a lifesavr for me! so comforting to know other people are going through the same problems.
                              ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Working...
                              X