What's Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Up

Hey all, been lurking for a few hours. Here is the deal I need to cut back on drinking, I don't really want to quit forever, but will start with a 30 day abstinence period.

I usually drink about 4-5 glasses of wine everyday monday-thurs , and Friday-Sunday anywhere from 5-9 beers each day. I don't get hungover (just heartburn) and I eat properly (junk food on weekends though)

I'm also a runner...albeit one with a beer gut :H

I'm glad I found this forum, most other forums were AA centered and took an all or nothing approach.

My goal is to lose about 35lbs and moderate my drinking to no more than 2 or 3 drinks and on weekends only.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated!

What's Up

Welcome

Best wishes in achieving your goals. The people on this site are very helpful and supportive regardless if u choose moderation or abstinence. It has to be abstinence for me. I am 48 hours into physical withdrawal, which for me is horrific, but it is getting better. I plan to use this program in conjunction with AA, but I can take from AA what I want and feel I need, and leave the rest. Hope to see u around
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

What's Up

Try as hard as you can to do that thirty days AF. It really puts drinking into perspective. While you are drinking, Big AL is in charge, not your own reasoning processes.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

What's Up

Good Goals!!! All the best in achieving them!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

What's Up

Seacailin;358343 wrote: Best wishes in achieving your goals. The people on this site are very helpful and supportive regardless if u choose moderation or abstinence. It has to be abstinence for me. I am 48 hours into physical withdrawal, which for me is horrific, but it is getting better. I plan to use this program in conjunction with AA, but I can take from AA what I want and feel I need, and leave the rest. Hope to see u around
          Good luck, I can't imagine getting to the point of having withdrawal symptoms, but I have gotten the jitters right before drinking.

Sunbeam;358345 wrote:
          Try as hard as you can to do that thirty days AF. It really puts drinking into perspective. While you are drinking, Big AL is in charge, not your own reasoning processes.
          Yes, I want to focus on the first 30 days and then I'll go from there.

Today is a tough day, I'm going to the in-laws and spending the day at the pool. Usually my father in law just hands me a beer...sorry not today.

Comment

Working...
          X