Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newbie

Hi

Not sure what to say, apart from I must stop any drinking. I've tried cutting down, but like many other posts on here -that doesn't work. I am fed up of foggy heads, losing days due to sobering up and not really remembering why I drink.

Today will be first day AF for a while - I once did three weeks!!

ANy comments, tips etc gratefully received

Another newbie

Welcome

I am just starting out also, so really don't have any great advice. I can only share with u my experience and hope. I am currently in horrific physical withdrawal, about 53 hours into it. I did go to the hospital upon the insistence of my grown children and got some medication to help me through. I am feeling a little better each day. I hear the detox is about 72 hours. Then it is time for action!!! I plan to use this program in conjunction with AA. I am often alone and will definitely need support outside of this house. So, Hi, and welcome aboard. This can be done!!! I had 10 years sober once and 2 years another time. Stick around. look forward to hearing from u.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Another newbie

Hi lit tleangel
      I'm another newbie ish. Starting from today I am Af, hopefully this time it will be indefinately. I have too much to lose. Stay close to this board, it has been lifesaving for me today. We can all give each other support along the way. XXX

Comment

Another newbie

Hi Seto,
        I am so glad that you are feeling better - I am thinking of you and the times that I felt like you did today. It was horrible.
        All the best for your plan to stay AF.
        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Another newbie

Welcome Angel!
          You've found a great place, keep coming back, checking the boards, posting. Check the newbies unite thread, there are others (like you and me) who are just starting out and can use the positive reinforcement.

Good luck and you've made a great first step!

Sun
          Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Another newbie

Hi Littleangel,

Trying to quit is a very hard battle, I won't sugar coat it for you. But coming here has helped me so much, the people are wonderful and the support they give is amazing. Stay and post as much as you want, we are all here for you.

Comment

Another newbie

Welcome! There are many success stories here and TONS of support. We are all meeting our goals in our own way. Some are able to moderate, but many are not....I am one of the NOTS! Hang-in there!
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Another newbie

big welcome to you Littleangel. tons of great info here if you poke around and find your way around the forum. Personally I've found a multi-pronged approach to work best for me...do everything!
                Hypno
                Good diet (cut out sugar and other simple carbs which increase cravings)
                Nutrition/Supplements (complex subject but very helpful)
                Exercise (often overlooked but very helpful)
                and of course spending good time with the great crew here at MWO. I like to spend time socializing on MWO chat quite a bit.

Seacailin, glad you are getting some help! I recall enjoying chatting with you. Hope to chat soon ok?

be well everyone
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Another newbie

ps...I'm with Britzak...

AF (alcohol free) is my ticket to happiness and well being.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Another newbie

Another Newbie

Hey there LittleAngel -

I am another newbie - started on my AF journey on July 1 so I am into my sixth day. Today was a real struggle for me but I kept reminding myself why I am doing this and kept myself busy doing other things I enjoy (like cooking)!

Hang in there and be strong. There is a reason we have all come to this community - we desperately want to change the direction of our lives and improve our quality of life.

Best Wishes!
                    Payguy
                    John
                    AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Another newbie

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Another newbie

I only joined today. I can often go a few days AF but when I do drink I completely overdo it. I've been doing that more regularly lately and my health is definitely deteriorating. I'm quite worried about it.

Comment

Another newbie

Juley, big welcome to you!! come and get healthy with us.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Another newbie

I'm a Newbie too

I'm new too and am excited about an alternative to AA meetings. I do not like the lack of privacy nor the "one way is our way" approach to quitting drinking. I found myself drinking more because the meetings depressed me. However, I do realize it works for many, many people. It just wasn't for me.

I look forward to meeting lots of new people in this forum. Hi Everyone!:new:

Comment

Another newbie

Hi jeanrenee, welcome, I'm pretty new too!
                              Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Working...
                              X