Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Texas

Hi everyone,

I've posted twice elsewhere, but am not sure what thread to post in first as a newcomer. So if this is a repeat, I apologize.

I have tried AA meetings on and off for about 6 years. Each time I find that it is just not what works for me, while I certainly do know that it works for many. Perhaps I'm stubborn, but I can't reconcile to being completely powerless and having an unmanageable life as AA so strongly dictates. I also do not like the concept of being labeled an alcoholic, or drunk, my entire life. I would like to think that I won't be remembered that way when I leave this earth. I would prefer to be remembered as a kind and charitable person, a good mother and wife, and a successful professional (still working on that!!).

I look forward to getting to know some of you and sharing stories, words of encouragement, and support. Thanks!

Jean Renee

New from Texas

Hello

Welcome. I am a newcomer myself. You will find much wisdom and support here. I look forward to reading more of your posts, or perhaps catch u in livechat. Best wishes on the journey.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

New from Texas

Welcome!!!! I hope you find what you need here. There is tons of support. Have you read RJ's book yet? It is very helpful. Keep reading and posting!
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

New from Texas

Welcome JR!

I'm with you -- labels are rarely helpful. This place is a wonderful connection to others who share your struggles, triumphs and insights. I joined last month and highly recommend reading RJ's book. It's a quick read, and outlines her entire MWO program. It's flexible as you will see on the many posts. I was on Campral from my doctor a year ago but it wasn't enough. Have found the MWO cd's to be very helpful -- already exercise regularly. Perhaps my favorite part is plugging in the subliminal cd and visiting this site for an hour each day. It gives me such a lift. The people are some of the most caring and courageous - they reach out to everyone. So welcome - hope to hear from you often.

V.

Comment

Working...
        X