Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep trying till I get it right...

Hi everyone!
    Been at this place every morning for the last 10 years... Seems like a bad TV re-run. Need to quit, just not sure what to do with my time. I have interests, but the only thing I've been passionate about is beer. I'm a gardener, I sew - do crafts, I cook, I'm into home canning, I'd like to write, but one beer and my day is done (this weekend, at 10AM). I wasted another long weekend.
    I'm using "LucidLynn" because that's what I am every morning (acknowledging the need for change), the problem starts at work around 2:30 - really looking forward to that first cold beer (on the weedend earlier). After all, I've worked hard all day... I so need to reprogram my thinking, change it to - really looking forward to that first iced tea...
    I believe behavior modification is the key, just hard to reprogram after all these years. I also believe that strength comes from within, but that "voice" is within also... Does anyone have a suggestion for how to tame the "voice"?
    People always say, what will be different this time? I thought I'd try this, maybe communicating with others will help...:sigh:

Hello LucidLynn and Welcome
    I see this is your first post and you have come to a great place. My vice is wine and once I start I don't stop so what has helped me is to just not buy it. I'm also a gardener and a cook and I'm looking forward to my first try at canning this year. Dill pickles...maybe you could give me some pointers.
    Try changing your routine even just a little. That also helps. The 'voice' is always there but I just tell it to 'go away, i've had enough'. It's not easy to stop but after a few AF days you feel so great! I wish you the best. Keep reading and posting.
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

:welcome:

I believe you're right on about changing you behavior or habits. I have a lot of the same interests as you also. There are not many of us that can anymore!
      If you haven't read My Way Out yet, I recommend starting there. The program is spelled out, and there are lots of tools you can get to help with getting better.
      I've been here since February, tried moderating for awhile--but still binged when I did drink, so went 30 days in June. Now I don't really have any desire to drink AL. Really. I had an ODouls Saturday, it was ok. I NEVER thought I'd lose my taste for beer!! I was drinking 8-10 beers almost nightly--like you- as my reward for working hard. NOW I drink a lot of iced tea, water, and diet pop (which I'm trying to cut down on). I just feel so much better--no hangover for over 5 weeks!!! It's just not worth it!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Try gathering a toolbox full of things that make you feel good other than beer.Your favorite movies,music,sweets.juices,candy.....as many things as you can find to give you the FEEL GOOD SIGNAL...It helps me...I gonna go dig into my FEEL GOOD TOOLBOX NOW....TA TA
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi LucidLynn,:welcome: to MWO,

This is a great place to communcated and get great support here as well 24/7. Like you, i believe the strength comes within you must really want it deep inside, but no ones perfect if you have a slip you can also learn a lot from that to. That voice thats within its like taking contol over it...Taking control over the thinking side of it, the more you say no the more strong you will get. I go to group sessions as well seeing other people face to face helps me knowing i'm not the only one with a AL problem.

Like you said keep trying til you get it right. Never Give Up !

All the best.x
          Love
          Teardrop.x
          family is everything to me

Comment

Hi, I found this site 9 days ago and ordered book cds and supp. I am feeling very confident and extremely helped by the folks here. Went AF6/29 got the package 7/3 and started in. I am finding the tools helping me to work with my voices within. Have done AF before but feels more peaceful and supportive of myself this time.
            Lemon water is my new friend >"
            workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Working...
            X