Great intentions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great intentions

So, i had great intentions not to drink at ALL this week. However, I bought a bottle of wine tonight to add to a meal I was making. I guess on the plus side I've only had a glass and half of it and not likely to have anymore.
    Part of my 'stupid' reasoning behind it is that I have an interview on Wednesday morning and was afraid tomorrow might be a big 'downfall' night where I might end up having too much to drink. I'm hoping to prove to myself that I can 'cut down' and so far so good. However, it's red wine which I don't generally like anyway. I'm thinking if i can avoid buying white wine I might be safe enough. Does that make sense to anybody. I could have 10 bottles of vodka in the house and wouldn't touch them but white wine I would demolish.

Great intentions

Juley, so much of what you said makes sense. I too would plan my drinking nights around daily activities. I would drink on nights that I really didn't want to, because I knew the urge to drink would be way too strong the following night. And if the daily schedule after that required that I not be hungover, I drank on the night I really didn't want it! I totally understand this!! But like a idiot, I used this dumb ass logic for years (not just one night).

And I am with you too about being around other alcohol. I can have all kinds of hard stuff (or even brands of beer I didn't like) and never touch the stuff. But have a beer on hand that I like, forget it! I'd drink them all.

But thanks to this place I am a little over 6 months AF, so it's a great place to come get help! Good for you for reaching out!!

Welcome! Good luck! I look forward to hearing more about you.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Great intentions

Welcome Juley!

Wine and vodka were my poisons. If there were beer at home; I would never touch it. Funny how we can be alcoholics but there are some things we won't touch.

Good luck with your interview on Wednesday. Keep reading and posting. Glad you are here!

Comment

Great intentions

Hi Juley,
        as a former white wine lover, I can perfectly understand your disinterest in anything alcoholic other than white wine. So many people believe that alcoholics are not fussed and will drink "anything"........not always the case........beer and spirits were always safe from me.

As for "good intentions"........well, it may take us a while to find our way out from a drunken lifestyle, but good intentions are the foundations of sobriety and good intentions to not drink is where it all begins..........

I wish you love and strength,

Darling x
        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Great intentions

Yep me too very similar. No interest in anything other than white wine really. ALso I used to plan around my drinking too - if I had a big night out planned for a friday I would have to drink on the Weds even if I didnt want to just to make sure I couldnt drink on the thursday so I wouldnt ruin the Friday......
          Seemed to make sense at the time.
          BH

Comment

Great intentions

Being a guy I love beer. But really doesn't it just suck having to basically plan everything around the damn booze? How ridiculous is that?

Comment

Working...
            X