Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the easiest thing I have ever done.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started on Topamax July 1st 25mg and upped my dosage to 50mg July 4th and I'm currently on 100mg for 2 days now. I take 50mg around 11am, another 25mg around 3pm and another 25mg at bedtime and I feel GREAT! I do feel a little like I'm on Valium which isn't so bad at all, a tiny bit of heartburn - which I've always had anyway. I've been taking the Kudzu and the Lglut from the get-go.

From the first day I felt a little bit of lifting of the *urge*. You know - that taste that I just wanted to quench with just a little drink. When I went up to 50mg 2 days later the urge just went.....away. At 100mg I don't have any desire at all.

I've gone from drinking half (or more) of a 3 liter bottle of Merlot every day for 7 years to one glass. One. And last night I actually considered not drinking it at all and after I did I wished I hadn't because I actually got skunked on that one glass. I'm going to have to get a smaller glass or give it up! I can't believe how GOOD I feel! I don't mean to toot my own horn but I can't believe how good I feel! And how unfreakingbelieavable EASY it's been with the Topamax.

I've tried to quit before. I've tried to cut back. I just always had that TASTE that wouldn't go away.

I feel like I've lost 10 pounds since I've started. I really wanted to do this because I' was so very very tired of sneaking around and hiding and lying and gaining weight and looking like I was 8 months pregnant. I actually have lost most of my belly. Not all but I can see hope there

Thank God for this website. Thank God for all you kind people. There IS hope.

That is wonderful - congratulations. I am taking the Kudzu, but considering Topamax. What exactly does it do? How does it effect you? (Driving, sleeping etc)?
    "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

I'm a house person so I don't go out much. I'm hearing impaired so about the only place I go is to Wally World or to the Library. I'm actually *afraid* to go places by myself in social situations.

So far there's not been much difference between (sigh - I know) being impaired drinking and being on the Topa. Yes - I would bolster my confidence with a little shot of alcohol before hitting the road.

I make lists. I'm sleeping MORE since I don't have the have to get up in the middle of the night urge to pee.

I do feel more clear headed in a lot of ways. I've not been bitchy like I thought I would be. I've actually enjoyed conversing with my DH without worrying about slurring my words

Comment

OH BTW I do NOT recommend this accelerated method for anyone else. I am 54 years old and the only responsibility I have is deciding what to cook for supper 4 nights a week. I have a VERY high drug tolerance and have always been told that by any doctor I ever seen. I was actually wondering the other day how this would work for someone that had to work for a living. Maybe if you just took it at night and went very slowly it could work. And if your employers were aware of it. I remember when I was under medical care for depression and they started me on Zoloft and I was working in a Nursing home as a CNA and that was wacky time! I actually had to eat to bring me down. They were very understanding but they knew what I had been through.

SO - due to my deafness I am very in tune with my body and what I can deal with and what I can't for the most part. And so folks - don't try this at home as the saying goes.

On the other hand - Topamax does work.

Comment

Working...
        X