Decided to come clean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to come clean...

... to my fiance, that Im still drinking.

I cant do this behind his back
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Decided to come clean...

I'm only at day 2, but surely that is the healthiest first step to doing something about your situation. Can't have a life with someone based on a lie? Right? Good for you.

Comment

Decided to come clean...

Chelle,

How did he take it? Did you tell him about MWO and that you are trying?

I hope it all goes well for you and remember we will all be here to support you through this journey.

Love and hugs,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Decided to come clean...

[COLOR=Navy]He would know sooner or later anyway...Best to keep your relationship honest and when you are ready hopefully he will love and support[in your choice to quite/COLOR]:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Decided to come clean...

Sounds like you are really reaching out. I hope everything works out for you
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Decided to come clean...

We're here to offer support. Good that you told him Chelle.

Comment

Decided to come clean...

Hi Chelle,

Good for you! He'd have figured it out eventually. I used to think I could hide my drinking (or the extent) from my husband, but he always knew. While we think we're more attractive, conversational, relaxed - whatever- when we drink, the people who love us know we're not really ourselves. We don't fool anyone but ourselves. The great thing, among others, about MWO is that the mask is off all of us! We know how hard sobriety is, and we support each other. Hope your fiance supports you; but even if he does, he may not fully understand like those of us who've been there. Stay connected - this is a wonderful group.

V.

Comment

Decided to come clean...

the truth will set you free
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Decided to come clean...

Tlrgs said it all
                  :l
                  That is such a huge step. Good for you.
                  -Sheep

Comment

Decided to come clean...

SIZE="7"]:wow3: !!!![/SIZE]
                    workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Decided to come clean...

Big step .. great move!

I wish I had confessed that I was more than just a "social drinker" to my last love ... and needed to seek help.

Gotta start clean. Congratulations for having the courage to do it!

Comment

Decided to come clean...

That took courage...continue to be brave.

love and prayers,
                        K
                        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Decided to come clean...

Thank you Everyone! Im so touched by your replies.
                          I showed my fiance my opening post on this forum, because I was crying too much to speak.
                          He hugged me and said that he already knew.. had noticed the bottles in the bin, and could smell it on me.
                          Here's me thinking that I was hiding it.

I so agree with the comment that we think alcohol makes us more conversational, attractive, relaxed. All its doing to me is mking me feel and look so much older than I am.

We talked and talked and talked last night, and he's standing by me no matter what.

I feel like a weight has been lifted, but there's a LONG way to go.

Im going to try for an AF day today.. will post back to say how I did.

Thank you all fo your support,
                          Love,
                          Chelle
                          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Decided to come clean...

Your last post gave me goose bumps! Your relationship can only grow from here!
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Decided to come clean...

Brave move and a good one, I know my problem has become easier to deal with after sharing it with my husband.
                              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
                              X