ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thursday

Hi LemonLover ---- yup, you're just like me. I'd have my wine while making dinner, more with dinner, and then go and sit with a glass afterwards. Everytime he left the room, I'd run and top it up .... trying to fool him that I was hardly touching it. I don't think I was fooling him at all though, just myself. He's not said anything about my drinking, and I guess I thought as long as he doesn't it isn't a problem. Just a problem to myself really.
    He's away tonight and we're having out-of-town company in tomorrow afternoon (a drinker) .... so it'll be very noticeable if I don't have anything to drink. Not sure how I'm going to handle that ..... hoping I'll stick to resolve though.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hey all ODATers...I'm late posting as I was taking advantage of the cool, breezy weather here and weeding the veggie garden. Another AF day yesterday....Day 2 this month and feeling great!
      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hey New Day, I once used the excuse to NOT drink in front of company:

"Oh, I've got this dang sinus infection and I'm taking antibiotics so I can't drink". Then again, you'll need to bring hubby into the loop of whatis going on.

Good luck!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi guys,

I'm still struggling this month to get an AF day in - had 2 beers last night at a ball game. I'm not having a hard time moderating, just can't seem to get that AF day in.

I'm exhausted today as we were out late last night, I didn't sleep well and then up early for work. I'm supposed to be going out for dinner with a girlfriend tonight but she is a heavy drinker and I'm really tired so I think I'm going to opt out with the "I'm not feeling well excuse".

I have an appt with my therapist this afternoon so I'm hoping that after that I can go home, do some yard work, make a nice dinner and just relax with a cup of tea. Want to make today an AF day since I havent had any yet for July and it's the 10th of the month! Unheard of for me since joining this place!

Hope everyone has a great day.
          Love and Hugs,
          Uni
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

New Day;361209 wrote: Hi LemonLover ---- yup, you're just like me. I'd have my wine while making dinner, more with dinner, and then go and sit with a glass afterwards. Everytime he left the room, I'd run and top it up .... trying to fool him that I was hardly touching it. I don't think I was fooling him at all though, just myself. He's not said anything about my drinking, and I guess I thought as long as he doesn't it isn't a problem. Just a problem to myself really.
            He's away tonight and we're having out-of-town company in tomorrow afternoon (a drinker) .... so it'll be very noticeable if I don't have anything to drink. Not sure how I'm going to handle that ..... hoping I'll stick to resolve though.
            I'm right there with you both - "topping it off" lol! Thought I was so sneaky (well, he never noticed, so I guess I was successful! But you're right - just made myself feel worse. This is day 2 AF and I feel great. About not drinking in front of the guests - how about the "antibiotics" excuse. That's a great one. I think you'll do wonderfully.

Everyone - here's to us! AF
            "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Well, I haven't even told my hubby yet that I haven't been drinking. I'm having these first few days of the struggle all to myself. But I still use my same glass but put my Crystal Light in it instead and he hasn't noticed. I do think if it comes up this weekend with friends, I will use the excuse that I am really struggling to lose a few pounds so I'm not drinking. That should do the trick. I hope!

For so long I've felt pretty miserable and had no idea there were others just like me that are dealing with the same junk....I am so grateful to be able to discuss this with all of you. It helps so much.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Here we are again: on the same wave length. There's so much here to respond to, but I'm antsy. I want to get busy, get some very stalled projects going. Plant potatoes!! Bessie, how about cheese?? Sheep's milk feta! xx to you all. g.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Wow, so many Newbies on this thread!!

Yay!!

We are really glad to have you.

Trust me, we have all done the "topping off" umm hiding, sneaking, lying. Whatever it took to get our fix.

Do whatever you have to to get out of that mess. Whether it to be moderate or go completely AF or what. Because all the sneaking around just makes us feel really badly about ourselves.

So glad you are all here. I hope all of us meet our goals today whatever they are.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Well, the witching hour(s) has begun ... it's 5:00 here and so I'm here to gather strength to say no to AL! Just reading that you all have experienced the same thing --- I've also not told hubby of my recent (since yesterday) plan to stop. He's away again tonight, but will be around all weekend. This is only day 2 for me. So, if the rest of you can say no, so can I! Glad I found you all.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

You can do it New Day! Stay busy if you can! I'm online now if you want to chat.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Thanks for the vote of confidence .... I feel a little more in control of my urges right now .... going to do some stuff, and then have a bite to eat and get into my book. Will have to reread the last few pages, as the last time I was reading (a couple of nights ago) I was drinking, so don't remember what happened ...LOL! Another benefit to being AF .... I'll get through a book faster! I'll check in later.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

New Day, hang in there. LOL and having to reread the pages ... been there SOOOOOOOO many times!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hello all,

This thread gets more and more interesting! Bessie, always fun to hear what's going on in your coloful life. And all the newbies (I'm relatively new as well) - I laughed so much at the topping off confession! How many times I have done that - don't know if he knew, or just didn't have the strength to get into it. How is it that absent a manual, we all end up doing the same things? Cindi was dead on!!!

If there's one thing that comes across on this odat Thursday thread, it's that there are some wonderfully kind and diverse people who lead interesting and involved lives. If we can just subtract the control that AL has on us, imagine what we can accomplish!

I'm wondering - does anyone know if RJ is still doing as well as she was when she ended her book? Has she maintained control in the years since? I'd like to personally thank her for the time she took designing a program and then sharing it with us. She could have just enjoyed her own sobriety, but instead went to the trouble of letting the world know. We owe her! Everyone, enjoy a great Thursday. Even if it's raining, there's all the light shining through all of you.

V.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Had a good day. I am feeling quiet tonight almost subdued. Emotions are feeling strong. My kids are going to come tomorrow for the night. So happy! >"
                              workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Day 72-1+5=?

Haven't checked in for a while, so thought I would. I was AF for 72 days (through July 4) on the 5th I went golfing and had 1 beer (I had planned to have a beer, maybe 2-3). Since, I have been AF. I'm beginning to think the days don't matter and am concentrating more on my relationship (if any) with alcohol. Trying to decide what that relationship would look like. I suppose if I have to give it too much thought I'm probably not ready. It's good to see people are surviving/thriving here, at least for today. ODAT

Blessings and Good Karma to All, Metolius

Comment

Working...
                                X