Day 3, fear rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3, fear rules

Keep going, Nenewf. it will get easier! I have discovered that others really are not paying much attention to what we drink and there is no reason we have to have alcohol to fit in. I have worried about this at several social events, only to discover no one cared! I'm sure I called much more attention to myself when I was always sneaking around trying to get more wine without making it obvious I was drinking more than others. An added bonus has been that I am more able to enjoy the conversations as I'm not thinking about my drink! I now take my own AF beer to parties.
    Seacailin! Way to go! When those old friends call, just think of all of us in the room with you supporting you!

Comment

Day 3, fear rules

Most of my friends are red wine drinkers, and most seem to handle it well. I thought myself an connoisseur of wines, the reality being that I never found a bad wine....loved them all, the more wine, the better they were. I guess I'll have to slow down on the dinner parties for now. I too easily succumb to the pressure i put on myself.

Comment

Day 3, fear rules

I have a lot of red wine drinker friends as well ... and love it myself. I was 2 days AF, and then tonight I suggested to my hubby a movie and a bite to eat afterwards hoping to stay away from AL.. .... movie time was great, but then he took me to a fabulour Italian restaurant and we were on the patio of this quaint touristy town not far from home.... but I did manage just to share a 1/2 litre with him ... no pre-dinner cocktails, so I was happy with that .... it's a step in the right direction for me...... some control. So I guess baby steps are in order for me too. Big night tomorrow night, but with control I won't be into my 2nd bottle .... and then I'll start AF on Sunday. Making a plan and hoping to follow through.
        Funny, all through dinner, I was thinking of restraining myself so I could give a (relatively) good report here... so you guys have a LOT of influence!

Comment

Day 3, fear rules

Nicely done New Day. Good luck tomorrow.

I had one glass of wine with dinner and actually less because I didn't finish it. I downloaded the book from the website today and I've been totally engrossed. It's worth reading and I recommend it.

Take Care, LL

Comment

Day 3, fear rules

:new:

Comment

Day 3, fear rules

Welcome Pronoun
              Maybe you could tell us a bit about yourself when u feel ready. There is alot of support and wisdom here. Hope u will stick around.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day 3, fear rules

Welcome pronoun. It's incredible, here it is, Day 5....I was up early, mowed the lawn, fought with having a cold beer as a reward, had a root beer instead and actually never thought of a beer afterwards. Gonna go for a ride on my motorcycle today, it's been grounded for a month while I was drinking. Thanks everyone, and I hope we all get through Saturday!

Comment

Day 3, fear rules

Well done nunewf!

Aren't minds funny things? We divert them for just a moment and it goes in another direction. Keep up the good work. Welcome pronoun - glad to have you on board.

V.

Comment

Working...
                  X