I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help

I cannot continue this way. I try and quit, but start again.

I need help

I am such a moron tha I cannot even figure out this website

Comment

I need help

well it all takes time and just keep on trying..it take alot to get where you want and know where you want to be and ask yourself who are you doing this for you or someone else and if you are doing this for someone else . it wont work..you have to be ready and willing to do it for yourself ..
      so dont give up .you can do this and just look deep within yourself for what you need ..
      be stay strong and think positive..you are not alone we are here for you..
      peace , love and god bless

ps you are not a moron.. just keep on playing with the buttons and you will learn your way around
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I need help

Thanks

I am am a 25 year veteran (Alcohol) Gets worse every year. Everything I love to do , I cannot.

Comment

I need help

I am scared

Comment

I need help

I have drank too long , and been sober too short. I am functional but I am losing it. Things I used to do I cannot any longer do.

Comment

I need help

Homer, Stay with us. Log on every day, read the various posts and keep talking. This is a place where you can be honest about your feelings. Going through the ups and downs of this journey with others really does help. If you have specific questions about how to maneuver around the website just ask. There are no morons here!
              "As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
              Nelson Mandela

Comment

I need help

i know you are scared .. but realize how much better you will feel by quiting drinking ..
                and know it does get better
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I need help

O.K. I really want to quit. My heart is broken. As well as my soul and spirit. I am a drunkard and I am embaresed by this. I have lost family and friends. Thank God I still have my job.

Comment

I need help

Hi Homer,

Welcome!

I was a 25 year veteran as well. There are a few of us here. Old, gray, haggard. Ducking.

Saying good bye to Al can be incredibly scary. But once you give him a good kick in the ass the good things in life return to you tenfold. They do!

You have found a good place, I'm glad.

Keep reading,

magic xxx
                    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                    I am in the next seat.
                    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

I need help

and you have us!!!!we can get thru this together....
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I need help

Homer,

First of all welcome. Second of all, you're not a moron. God does not make junk. I'm not that swift on the computer - was raising children when the working world was learning their way around websites. Notice I have no picture attached - haven't a clue how to do that or where the pics come from. I was on the MWO site for a week before I realized there could be multiple pages for each thread. Heck, I thought Evielou's tag line of "Bustin AL's Butt" was referring to her HUSBAND!! So, you're in good company. We've all wasted our precious lives with our heads stuck in a bottle. But we all got sick and tired of it (some quite literally) and decided enough was enough. We set goals, we achieve, we stumble, and sometimes we fall down. But we don't give up. Read through the posts - arm yourself with some of the tools on this site. I'd start with reading RJ's book and seeing a Dr. And come here for the support you need. Good luck to you.

V.

Comment

I need help

Dearest Homer....Vera is right on... giving really good advice.I was a computer dumby but this site became so important in my recovery that I slowly learned.Ask questions we are here to help.....Vera,You gave me and hubby a great laugh...he says there is more truth in me chasing him around with a whip...then you'll ever know...
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I need help

Well, Homer and Evielou, wonders never cease. After I wrote that post last night, I started experimenting by clicking around on the website. And guess what - found the pictures, so I'm in the pink, so to say. Evie, the website is a lifeline for me as well, so I'll get things figured out - and you can, too, Homer. Put that first foot forward, and we'll be with you all the way.

V.

Comment

I need help

Welcome Homer

Hi Homer,
                              You are here and starting out, so that is a good sign. I'm not always good with teh computer either. Never feel afraid to ask questions here about anything! Share as much as you want but never any pressure. I have met wonderful people here who I feel very close to.

Evielou and Vera, it took me till about a week ago to get an avatar and a signatuare, so I am just as much of a doofus, and I have been here forever.

Read the MWO book, and think and read and post. It's OK to ramble. We are listening.

Comment

Working...
                              X