Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steps for immediate action -

How to feel better about myself right away:

1. Remove the beer from the house, I even threw out the can holder! Exorcise the demons, clear the house of poison.
    2. Take the St. John's Wort and vitamins. Calm the mind, feed the body.
    3. Begin to address the things I can change. If I don't like my work environment, it's up to me - if I can change it I should.
    4. Do not share my thoughts with negative people. That would sabatage my actions - stay positive - stay focused. This is my journey, only I can choose the direction.
    5. Be kind to myself. It will require work, but it will ultimately be the most rewarding work I've ever done.

This is what I am doing for myself starting today. Yesterday is gone, life starts right now.
    I hope we all have a great day!

Sounds like a Great plan Lynn. Best wishes. There can be NO beer in this house.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

kool stay strong and posittive.. keep it going and yes have a great day too
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Lynn -- sounds like a plan!
        Tiny

Comment

LucidLynn,

Do you mind if I also adopt some of these for myself?

Brilliant!!

DeeBee
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Please do. Off to the salt mines guys... See you after work.

Comment

thanks for posting that LucidLynn. Sounds very positive and focused.
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Great plan--also change your routine, it will really help through the witching hour. Drinks lots of lemon water to flush you system as well. And most importantly read My Way Out if you haven't already!!
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Sounds like a great plan and a fantastic start!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Great plan...EYES straight ahead on the PRIZE...A happy SOBER LIFE!!!!
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi everyone - work day done - just another day in paradise... Came home and instead of popping a top I poured a diet 7-Up with a beautiful round slice of lime in it. Smells great, fizzy and surprisingly quite filling.

Each evening I have an menu for dinner (which is very important), a chore and an activity/hobby planned. I call this "living by the calendar" but I know it is important for me. I made it to five days last month and the calendar was key. I think one of my biggest reasons for drinking is it kills time. The hardest part of sobriety is the "what do I do now question?". Which I never asked while holding a can, because obviously the answer would be "I think I'll go get another beer!".

I feel very calm right now, I'm finding work so stressful that I am drained. I do not expect tonight to be a problem, no AL in the house, and I'm relaxing in my pj's. So off to the kitchen... I'll check back later.

Take care.

Comment

Hi Lynn,

Great plan. Hope you posted your "manifesto" in a conspicuous spot to be a constant reminder. I found work to be less stressful when not hungover, and the positive attitude of everyone here helps keep things in perspective.

As to keeping busy, this site is my fave at "cocktail" hour, or what used to be anyway. I know I'm supposed to be getting dinner ready, but it's so much more fun popping the "subliminal" cd on and listening to the beach waves crash while reading everyone's news. I've told the family that I really need to do this, and consider myself quite fortunate the're supportive (and are willing to make their own dinner in a pinch!). Hang in there - you're off to a good start!

V.

Comment

Done with day one and on to day two without the brew!

As you can probably tell, I'm big into lists... so here's another one:

What I Want for Myself:
                          1. I want to be at peace with myself.
                          2. I want to feel passion and enthusiasm.
                          3. I want to feel more socially acceptable.
                          4. I want to live and experience each day instead of just getting through it.
                          5. I want to make a difference. I am supposed to be somebody, do something, I want to figure out what that is.

God did not put me on this earth to live a deadened life. He put me here for a purpose. He has provided everything that is needed for a fulfilling life. Time for me to embrace it!

Took all of about one minute to come up with this, I just keep re-reading it. It is my personal truth.

Comment

YOUR A POET,YOU KNOW IT????Great way of thinking...just keep putting 1AF day next to the other....SUCCESS!!!!
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

i might post these on the frig myself.
                              #5 is the one i struggle w/most.

Comment

Working...
                              X