Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dazed and confused

Hi All,

I've been reading for a few days, and finally decided to speak. I've been AF since Friday, July 11th, so 4 days now.

I drank atleast 2-4 glasses of wine a night, and when I do go out, much more. Finally had it, and stopped after Thursday nights major binge.

I've appreciated all your posts and felt as many of you have throughout my years of this.

My problem is, it's been 4 days now, and I see how some of you feel better after just a few days. I really didn't go through much with not drinking...stomach problems, not hungry, and MAJOR MIND FOG. Have been laying around pretty much since Friday, and today was the 1st day I actually took a walk. But, came home to just another foggy minded day, and don't feel like doing anything but hiding!

Will I ever get passed this foggy feeling? I'm assuming I'm a bit depressed, but not really sad, and can't think of one thing I want to do, even though there's much I need to do. Will this fog lift? I'm eating but it really just goes right through me. And today is the 1st day I've actually been drinking alot of water, the others before, I had to force it. No vomiting, just not thirsty or hungry till today.

I'm tired of living my life worried, guilty, and confused. I'm fighting this battle in my head, thinking I can be moderate with drinking, which I can when home, but get me out, and it all goes out the window.

Thanks for listening.
    "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dazed and confused

Welcome Panacea,

I'm sure others will be more helpful with "fog" advice. My experience was a bit different - my fog started clearing fairly soon once the vodka and wine were out of my system. I do believe, however, that we punish our bodies with the daily grind of drinking and it will take some time to readjust. I take a few supplements for general health (like Vit. D and omega-3 fish oil) and I understand the all-in-one recommended on this site is particularly good. After drinking as long as we have, need to nourish, exercise and generally care for ourselves. My guess is time and care will lift the fog - congratulations for taking the first, most valuable step.

V.

Comment

Dazed and confused

Panacea,

Try and give it about a week. It should start getting better everyday. It takes some time to starte feeling really great. Being active helps, get good rest, eat healthy foods, drink a lot of fluids, and it should start to clear. Congrats on day 4 AF!! Gabby.
      Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Dazed and confused

Wow! Ya'll just answering me made me teary eyed!!! I guess I'm a bit emotional as well. It is a little better today, and I wasn't looking at it like that. Just thought after 4 days, I'd be feeling just fine. Instant gratification is my fave!

I had to say something here today, because I was feeling a little defeated, like it didn't matter if I drink a few. What would it matter? I'm thinking my drinking was a little more intense then I thought, and I do need more time.

On top of it, I usually do things on my own, and don't struggle with it so much. This, on the other hand, has got be baffled. I felt the need to reach out to ya'll.

Thanks for being there, and I'll keep posting. I want to do this.
        "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

Dazed and confused

Hi Panacea
          In my past experience- it definitely DOES get a bit better each day. (today you took a walk.. tomorrow you'll.....? ) I understand it is difficult to reach out to anyone- I am a 'do it myself kind of gal'-so welcome! from a kindred spirit.
          I am back to day one today- weekend got to me this time..... but I want to do this as well.
          Just try take good care of yourself, try and eat well, get enough sleep, water and a bit of exercise and each time you can do that it is a small victoy- and all of those little victories will really start to add up!
          Take care
          -Sheep

Comment

Dazed and confused

Hi Panacea,
            I am AF 16 days. The first week I felt great! Doing supps/read the book/doing the cds. 2nd week pretty good, last few days I am foggy, tired, not hungry/not eating much - which may be why I am tired and foggy. But I think that I am sad for my old friend AL. When I think of the things I need to do - mop the floor, do yardwork etc. I always had my old friend AL either at my side or as a reward for a job well done. But now it is just me, so am taking baby steps to get some things done. reward- checking out the threads man. We all adjust/do things diffently, which is why I think that 30 day AF is recommended when starting on mwo. I do know that I much prefer no hangovers and the no guilt for what I did once again that I said I wasn't going to do. Hey! those are rewards too.
            Hang in there - you can do it!

Just keep checking out the threads man!
            workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Working...
            X