I think I feel normal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok....its now been 5 days AF. The fog is gone. I think I feel pretty darn good, and possibly normal, but I'm so confused with what normal is...

Its been a long time since I've gone without a wine buzz, if not more, each evening. So waking up today, I questioned my normalcy. I'm not to sure if I remember what I used to feel like without this vicious habit I've had. Its very bitter sweet. I'm glad about it, yet sad that it's been sooooo long. But it gives me hope for the future, and hope seemed so far away for so long.

All I have to say is I FEEL GOOD TODAY....and I'm gonna make it a great day!

Hope everyone has a fantabulous day!
    "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Normal is a wonderful feeling to me that just grows and grows...Maybe it is not exactly NORMAL(this feeling)...MORE LIKE PEACEFUL AND CONTENT....
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Yes, peaceful and calm, (but calm for me never has come easy LOL!)....thx! I woke up, actually my dogs woke me up, but instead of saying "shoo" or "go away" or the numerous "LET ME SLEEP" stuff, I actually gave them a big smile. and let them in bed....happy to let them out!!!!

Quite a difference from the grumpy girl I was, everything a nuisance in the morning till a few hours passed.
      "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

I found I had more time on my hands than I knew what to do with... no more hung-over fuzzy-head where just wanted to hide from the world!! Now it's all about GET UP AND GO GIRL!!

Well done on 5 days AF!!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

It keeps getting better Panacea, I'm on Day 8, I'm not saying it's easy, but I know from experience (7 years AF previously) that every day is a new beginning. Keep you guard up, though, the elation of AF may leave you vulnerable in other areas. Congratulations, and keep smiling!

Comment

Congrats Panacea! 5 days is a great accomplishment. I am just a couple weeks ahead of you and never thought this would be possible before I started on Antabuse. I am considering going out to see a band tonight wtih co-workers and friends - some that drink and some that don't. I've already taken my antabuse for the day, so I know drinking isn't an option for me. It's just the first time I'll be putting myself in this environment. I'm thinking of going with the "I'm on antibiotics." Since it is a late night performance, I may chicken out... Any thoughts?
            "The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don?t want it badly enough." - Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Comment

Hi Apl and all,

The antibiotics excuse is probably as good as any. If other people are not problem drinkers, they just don't get it when you choose not to drink. And Nunewf, you are dead on. There have been so many times when I've successfully moderated that I actually convinced myself that I didn't really have a problem. Of course, the roar of the al lion always came back, so I was "back in the cups" in short order. My lesson was that I must be vigilant - always. Have an occasional glass of wine, sipped ever so slowly, and be sure I have plenty of AF days inbetween. No negotiation. Period. Here's to our success!

V.

Comment

It's great that you're feeling good! Please be aware though, that the early days of sobriety VERY commonly have a lot of ups and downs - please don't be rattled if you don't feel so great on any given day. It's perfectly normal.

Congratulations on 5 days! March on!

ZM

Comment

thats the main thing pan you feel good ,gyco

Comment

Working...
                  X