Hello Everybody! Im new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everybody! Im new.

Welcome, and stick around here. I think you'll be surprised at how much you can accomplish with this support.

Comment

Hello Everybody! Im new.

scott cairo;364095 wrote: Ive been lurking all this evening and this place is great, Ive read desperate cries, intelligent advice (both technical and therapeutic), and some funny stuff.
      Ive been decided on doing something about the booze for some time. Im a 'regular 10-15' units a day man, in the evenings after work, and occasionally all day at the weekend. I suppose I was kidding myself that holding down a job meant all was well, it isnt.
      Im fed up with forgetting if I have told my gf something, and deciding not to risk repeating myself. Im fed up with missing the party cos i got to my drunk stage and had to bail out. Im fairly fed up with the (thankfully rare) falling over. Im fed up with saying 'I must cut down' but not. So Im fed up with drinking.
      Im scared of the never having a drink again ever thing, and whilst i realise that abstinence is the only way forward, took some comfort in the 'moderation' section here. That really cheered me along, but for now I have a plan, its a bit sketchy but here goes.
      1. set a date, this is based around a party i am attending in 10 days-after that we go, yes I know what your'e thinking, but trust me.
      2. Go t my doctor, Im aware that cutting AL out is dangerous, he'll know what to do, Im hoping he'll help me out with the initial shock, Im guessing anti convulsants, something to stop me feeling anxious and not sleep (Ive tried this before), followed by the anti-craving products ive read about here. Im going BEFORE the start date so everything is in place.
      3. Get the book.
      4. Following Docs advice taper off, or stop.
      5. See what happens, get a better hobby.
      6. Deal with the inevitable difficulties as they arise, always in mind of avoiding going to AA, which really is a BIG incentive.

Sorry if thats all a bit lengthy.

My names Jim, my nickname and indeed DJ name is Scott Cairo I make mash-up music. And Hello again. Strength to you all!

I'll keep you posted Im really very excited.
      MODS-give me a clip round the ear if I EVER go on like that again!
      Jim/Scott, (Jim is a GREAT NAME btw)

You are right. I hold down a lucrative job and still, I am here. Damn, why?? Because the alcohol really knocks my socks off!! Big time..

I trust you on the date. We can't go AF when there is something in front of us like a party, July 4th, family gatherings... (Just kidding) Go AF when you can.

My hubby is "used" to repeating things. Darn. What does that mean? It means he knows I am drunk and tired of it. He repeats things for me so I can "remember" it when I am not drunk. How sad is that???

I am very glad you are going to doc. They know the "real deal." You know, the withdrawal from alcohol is MUCH more dangerous than heroin?? OMG, what have we done??

Please get the book. It is immensely helpful. Hugely. You can get the supplements elsewhere besides this sight. RJ would prefer you ordered from her, but believe it or not, she just wants us to be, "ok"

You can order them from wherever is cheaper. However, I do believe in the supplements. They have helped me and they have helped my very sick daughter. A Lot.

So, :welcome:, GLAD you are here and VERY glad you are looking at this like the disease it is. Talk to your doctor and get helped.

Love,
      Cindi

ps, I have no idea if "15 units" is bad or not. If not, you may not have to worry about detox...
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello Everybody! Im new.

Sounds like you are on your way, Welcome.
        workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Hello Everybody! Im new.

Hey Scott
          Welcome!! Just remember that "you are a work in progress". Each day you are sober you will continue to feel better. I am a "long term mod". And after almost 18 months I usually don't even want a drink. I do, however, drink ALOT of non-alcoholic beer. That's my crutch because I was always drinking right after work too. That was sort-of my routine... I dunno - maybe it can work for you too.....

Red
          "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Comment

Hello Everybody! Im new.

Hi Scott and Welcome!

It is so good to hear that you have a plan. Plan+Comittment+Doing the Work will lead to your success! You have come to the right place, we are a great group of people at all different stages in this process and we have a lot to share.

I agree, with Chief, the book should be your first step. It really will help you to understand how all of this works and how to design your program! It also gives you a good idea of what to expect.

I hope you stick around and get this done! It is well worth the effort!

Best Wishes!
            KateH
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
            X