Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I SO MUCH WANT A DRINK HELP

l so much want to drink its doing my head in,,,,,
    am not sure what it is,,, may be its pmt,,, dose anyone els get like this,, i done 129 days af
    and this is 1st in a long time HELP
    there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

You just have to stay strong for a while.
    I used to get days like this when I did my long stretch AF.
    Stay with us and don't surrender to the temptation.
    You WILL feel better when it passes, as it will.
    I used to take a loooong bath.

Comment

Kaddy 129 days is excellent. Just think of it as a phase that will pass, busy yourself. Do you have L Glut that you can sprinkle under your tongue...that does wonders.

Stay strong, you can do this.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

129 days awesome keep it up ..the craving it will pass .. try to eat something drink some hot tea .. just try to relax
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Go do something for yourself. Buy a new pair of shoes, expensive makeup. Something special just for you because you SOOOO deserve it!!!
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Just don't quit. But if you do? Keep coming back here...you can do it. I'm a newbie, but I've started to believe all these amazing people here. Can you go to live chat? That can help...

Comment

Kaddy,

I've learned that I cannot control those AL thoughts - but I do not have to act on them. Just let it pass.
              Don't give in!
              Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hang on!!

I have had moments like that when it felt like my hair was on fire I wanted a drink so bad and it passes on surprising quickly. Last night I thought that maybe if I found a forgotten can of beer in the back of the fridge I could drink just the one during the ball game. Of course there were none and by the time I was sipping my club soda I had completely forgotten about the urge.

Take a few deep breaths, not too many and the urge should pass soon.
                Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                Watch this and find out....
                http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Kaddy
                  PMT totally does it to me. HOLD ON. You asked for help here- so clearly you DON"T want to do it. You can not drink.
                  -SHeep

PS- when all else fails, I force myself to eat a pickle. I hate em and then I don't want anything after that... :H

Comment

way to go kaddy ,thts awsom 129 days and countin,it passes with time gyco

Comment

I am only on 12 days AF, and I just had the worst cravings yet. I went and got something to eat, then headed to the store. Just when I was headed in to the store, a woman that I met from AA called me. She needs a ride to a meeting. What a Godsmack. That was the closest that I have come to caving yet. Scary.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

thanks everyone,, just been for a 2 hour walk,,, so its not has bad so goinf for a long bath
                        can not wait for the shop to shut,,, then l can not bay enery
                        thanks agine
                        there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Come back tomorrow and tell us how you feel in the morning and be my inspiration to stay AF.

We are here for you,

Sammys

Comment

Hey, Kaddy!

If you had it, it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as you thought it would be, and neither would all the ones that follow! But you know that, don't you? From last time. And the time before. And the time before. And the time before. And the time before that....alcohol is highly overrated, and it sucks.

Comment

Gather a box of your favorite foods,candies,movies,music and make a list of things that you can do to make yourself feel good with out AL...I have my survival tools near me at all times...my newest addition is Antabuse because i will take that if all else FAILS....I am NEVER GOING TO DRINK AGAIN AND I HAVE MADE SURE THAT I HAVE ARMED MYSELF WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS TO MAKE SURE THAT STATEMENT STAYS TRUE FOR ME....NEVER,I MEAN NEVER EVER AGAIN....WATCH AND SEE,I WILL SHOT MYSELF FIRST...THAT WOULD BE LESS PAINFUL...
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X