Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I SO MUCH WANT A DRINK HELP

Kaddy,

Seems like you got some expert advice from everyone who's been there. Don't know if you ever used the hypnosis cd's, but one of the things I like about them is you can give yourself a "boost" with the 2nd track of the hypno cd which I intend to do when my head thinks it's got a craving coming on. Hoping this works . . .

and Sea - what a close call! I think you're right in calling that a Godsmack - I think the creator of the universe was looking out for you there. But you didn't cave, and that's what matters. Wow.

V.

Comment

Posting in late Kaddy - but just wanted to add that even after 61/2 months AF - every now and then I find that urge creeps up. I am always shocked and maddened when it does ... "WTF" is what I usually think!! But I don't ACT on it. When I get that urge - It comes and goes all DAY and EVENING that day - but by the next day it is completely gone for weeks at a time. By morning I am SOOOOOO glad I did not act on it.

You will be to

Be strong and just say NO way you beast!!
      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Oh Kaddy ..... i know how you feel!!! I can HONESTLY say it will pass. really. i gave in a few times and its like starting all over again. Not as bad, but close to it.

Comment

It will pass!!! Way to go getting yourself through it!

Comment

Sending power thoughts your way !!
            workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

thanks everyone,, feel much better today,, the cravings have gone
              went to bed and read a book and l could not belive l got a good sleep 8 hours,, which is very good for me,,,,, the last thing l wanted to do was drink,, so am glad l never
              and thanks agine
              there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

well today was much better and tonight
                got so much done,,, am glad l never done it

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Cravings and willpower

I just cannot believe that I cannot control my cravings. I always thought I had so much "willpower". I have never experienced anything like this before. I need to get more Kudzu. How much glutamine do you need to take to make a difference? Is the Kudzu from this site really different? Wow--I hate it when my daughter calls me at night and can tell that I've been drinking. That really makes me depressed the next day, as I wonder when she is going to tell me that she has had enough. Maybe I just need to take Antibuse, but what happens when you stop? I keep thinking that I should be able to do this. I am so tired of thinking about this all the time. Then when I read about people here still having cravings months later, I get discouraged--who wants to feel that they are fighting a battle for ever? Just very discouraged today. Thanks for listening.

Comment

To Kaddy, congratulations on not giving in. I have read in magazines of people who quit drinking (main stream mags like Good Housekeeping run articles from time to time on how people overcame some difficulty in their lives) and still had cravings months later. The KEY, however, is that instead of a daily craving, it got less and less frequent, and eventually disappeared. Good for you. You encourage all of us as we seek a new path.

And Nurse - arm yourself! Use the tools on this site and visit frequently. I, too, was called on the carpet by my daughters and it was a wake up call. I'd worked all their lives to have a good relationship, and booze was threatening to undermine all of that just as they were blossoming into young adulthood. Don't let it happen!! Do whatever it takes, because that relationship is a precious one. The joy of being awake in the evening, remembering our conversations and not feeling constantly guilty around them is better than any booze high. Love yourself enough to - and I quote my friend Evie - BUST AL'S BUTT!!!

V.

Comment

Nurse l take st jhons wort,,, as l do not like taking the meds as l tred them from the docs 3 times,,, and l do not like comming off them,,, what happend the other nigh was not just about the cravings,,, it was a bit of everything pmt and the meds for the cancer as they make me very sick,,, l also was like you when l 1st come on here,,and read how people still got cravings mouths later,,, but there not as bad as the beginng and they do pass,,, and it is so worth it,,, l think its the mind playing games with you ,,, saying its ok to drink,,, your haveing a bad day,,, as one day l hope to try on mod,,, but not when my mind and body tell me to,,,, so good luck take care

Comment

Working...
                        X