A Treat Just For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Treat Just For Me

Hello all ~ today is day 21, which just blows my mind! 21 days ago I was at rock bottom, as many of you may remember...
    So, today to "celebrate", or treat myself, I had microdermabrasion done. My skin looks fabulous!!! I'm 40 and don't have to tell you that drinking doesn't exactly make your skin look good...but today, it looks great. It was fun, and luxurious, and I just felt like I deserved every darn blast of that crystal powder. One more layer of "ickiness" gone. The tech then applied mineral makeup (love it - need some!) and then I went shopping at a cute little gift shop for my cheap inspirational jewelry (I like Alexas Angels). It just felt great! I decided that every Wednesday, I am going to treat myself to something small, just as an incentive to keep going. . . Maybe I should plan my purchase ahead of time so that when the cravings hit I can remind myself that I really want such and such! I'm not talking big purchases like today's splurge, a great book or box of chocolates will do, too!
    Thank you all for your continued support and laughter, too! :h
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

A Treat Just For Me

Yes, do share. Where did you go?
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

A Treat Just For Me

great job on 21 dys af and sounds like a good incentive to look forward to..keep up the good work
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

A Treat Just For Me

Way to Go River!!!
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

A Treat Just For Me

Three whole weeks. That's fantastic. My skin took a beating, too, looking 'way too old and tired. You'd think our vanity would encourage our sobriety, but when in the "cups," it's all that matters. How silly we are. Good for you for lifting us all up. Congrats - to beautiful skin for beautiful people!

V.

Comment

A Treat Just For Me

Very cool, and the face treatment sounds pretty cool also. Good for you!!!

You rock,

Sammys

Comment

A Treat Just For Me

I had it done at Park Nicollet, which is a big medical "franchise" in MN. A licensed estetician (sp?) did it and she said clinics carry the best equipment/products, that salons can't carry. It was $110 and worth every penny, especially considering my booze budget is now zero! My face look so soft and smooth, literally glowing! It didn't hurt at all and no redness. It was like a vacuum that sends little crystals out super fast and then sucks up the old skin. I can't believe how nice it looks. I'm walking around with this stupid little smile on my face! Oh, it's the chemical peel that makes you peel/redness, etc. I booked that for November, a few days before my birthday
              Oh, another cool thing about today - I had to fill out one of those little health surveys and you know the part where it asks if you smoke, consume alcohol? I happily checked No!:wd:
              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

A Treat Just For Me

That is so GREAT...:applaud::applaud::applaud:
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

A Treat Just For Me

Fantastic!!!!!!!
                  Goal 1: Today
                  Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

A Treat Just For Me

Good for you River!! Thanks for sharing! :goodjob:
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

A Treat Just For Me

way to go !!!!!!!! ONE DAY AT A TIME

Comment

Working...
                      X