Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you go through this? Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 af here. I'm taking Kudzu as well as the additional vitamins but no prescrip meds. Last night I barely slept all night, but I made it through the day okay, a little bit grouchy at times.

This morning, I had to pick out the red peppers in my omelet. The thought of something sweet was making me sick. I've been a total space cadet all day..........My head's doing some weird things.

Is this withdrawal or just getting used to the Kudzu?

If it's withdrawal I have been in worse denial about my drinking than I thought.

Any replies would be sooooo helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    SL

Hi Sun,
    I don't know about the Kudzu stuff, i used prescrip meds, but your head can do some funny stuff for a while. Depends how much you were drinking and for how long. As for food, i had no appetite for days after i stopped. Embarrasing for a 36 y.o. man, but i went to stay with my Mum for a few days! She put the food in front of me and made me eat. I had to force myself but felt better afterwars.
    Everyday will get better!

Comment

Welcome Sunlover... what an awesome beatiful name!

Congrats on 3 days AF, every day helps, I haven't taken the Kudzu myself, (it's in the post), but I have been taking the suppliments for the last 9 weeks with prescription meds while I have been modding and the one thing I have learnt is to pay attention to what is happening inside of you!

I won't lie, you'll have your good day's and your bad day's... hell you'll have your good weeks and then bad weeks, just hang in there!!!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Sunlover,

Not only is it "normal" it is to be expected.

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is rough. Really rough.

And, yes. You are denying to yourself how "bad" your situation is. If you are going through the no sleep. It means you are "hooked" and it means you are going through real withdrawals.

Sorry. :l:l

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

HI Sunlover!

It sounds sorta like me. Today is day 8 for me.....about day 5, the grogginess, or "space cadet" feeling finally began lifting. I too didn't have much of an appetite. Nothing sounded good, so I just ate, because I knew my body needed it. Very bland foods, just to sustain me, not for taste. Also, had a very hard time going to bed on time. Usually about 10-11pm for me, but without the wine, I forgot how to actually FALL asleep, usually the wine dictated my bedtime. That was my detox, so nothing MAJOR, just more annoying for me. (and I was VERY non-productive for the first 5 days).

I still wake up every morning VERY tired. Possibly because now I can sleep after 6am if I wanted, due to not feeling like total shit in the morning?!?!?!?! After getting up and coffee, I can say now....I FEEL GOOD! But still remind myself every morning I didn't drink the night before. Still wake up like "Oh crap, another day, gotta shake this feeling", then remember "Hey, wait a minute, I don't feel crap, get up!".

Hang in there. The spacey feeling will pass and you will feel a difference. I'm very happy with my decision today, and hope you will be too. It's totally worth it!
          "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

Working...
          X