• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Sunday

A real quickie - just to get things going. :H

Love to all!! Bessie xx

ODAT - Sunday

Good morning Bessie and all ODATERS to follow,
    I have to admit I am struggling this morning, not because I drank last night but because I have been awake all night. Glad I did not drink and will not today but the lack of sleep is catching up on me big time. This seems to be my biggest problem at the moment - SLEEP or lack of it. Feel physically tired but mentally just cannot switch off - thoughts and images just flying around my mind, bouncing off the sides of my head it feels. There has been 3 days/nights this month when I have drank and these are the only nights that I have fallen asleep before about 3am. I know I have to keep going though, have to get out of this cycle of torture once and for all.
    No chance of getting any sleep today anyway, neighbours kids already up playing in our back garden - their parents had a late night party last night so I guess the kids were kicked out early. I think I'll just sit outside and have some coffee and take some consolation in the fact that they probably feel worse than I do!
    Sorry to be negative, hope all are having a better day!
    :h
    Bandit
    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hi Bandit
      Was just reading your post about not sleeping. when I don't drink I find that I can't get to sleep and its soooo irritating. I can recomend Nytol and cammomile tea. When I'm not drinking the Nytol helps me to drop off to sleep and I usually drink the cammomile tea while reading - that helps also. Hope you get some sleep soon. XXXSeto

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Thanks Bessfull. Its Sunday!!! Bandit, that not sleeping ..... had that for a long time. I'm sleeping now, but once in awhile i have an all-nighter...I think its the nites i would drink that i stayed up. just a thought. Rip understands...it's really is a pain not getting rest.

Hello Seto...you get some sleep too. without sleep life is just a big chore. :thanks:

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Morning. (English) :H

Heavy heart today. Opened yesterday's mail and hubby has changed credit card billing addresses. Says it is to take work load off of me by him being responsible for his own accounts. I know it is because he doesn't want me to see how he spends his money. I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end. He makes me want to drink and takes the joy from my life. I'm consumed by sadness with this news and don't have much else to say. Sorry.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

greeneyes ---- so sorry to hear of your sadness ... you'll need to find joy for yourself and not let him drain you. Coming here to share is a good idea and I hope you have some close friends you be with for support and social connections.
            Bandit ---- I haven't had that many days AF, but when I do --- those are the nights I can't fall asleep without some sort of over the counter sleep aid and Camomille tea as well. My legs usually start being restless and my mind won't shut off. But last night I did it without the sleep aid .... I imagined myself being hipnotized, and pictured a dark sky at night ... the relaxing sensation was amazing and I fell asleep shortly after.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

awww green bean, I am sorry you are feeling so sad. Keep close to people who care about you, and stay away from that asshole AL. My relationship is pretty much going down the shitter too, right now. So I can relate. Please take good care,
              much love and hugs,
              K
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Greeneyes...sorry for the tough place you're in right now. Just remember, this too shall pass, and AL won't make it better, so keep trying. Keep us up to date on how you're doing.

As far as not sleeping, try L-tryptophan or melatonin...I've found they really help. I have restless leg syndrome, take meds for it, so I can't take any of the over-the-counter sleep stuff, makes my legs crazy even with the meds. I think that may be one reason I started drinking too much, RLS and no sleep stinks.

Drank way too much last night, trying not to beat myself up about it because then I say what the heck, I already screwed up. I'm waiting for the cds, hope they help. Today will be AF, no choice thank goodness. No wine in the house and they don't sell on Sunday here, husband prepping for a colonoscopy poor guy so can't go out for dinner either. Hope tomorrow will be AF too. Got to work harder at this. If I can get a few days AF I know I'll feel better about everything. It's great to read and write here, I'm glad I found you all:thanks:

~bjb
                Things do not change, we change.
                ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Greenie...don't EVER let you life be determined by someone else's actions. You have made huge strides to put your life back in order. This has been going on for quite sometime with hubby and I hope you didn't think that getting sober was suddenly going to make it all go away?

Don't ever let someone else make you feel like you need a drink. If you are ever going to undo all that you have done for yourself, don't let it be for someone who is only out for themselves. He is sending you lots of signals lately...and your not getting them.

Relish in your new found sobriety and accept that you are only responsible for YOUR actions. You cannot control anyone elses. Please don't let him bring you down. He is not worth it. Continue to move forward, it is the only way to go. Drinking will not change any of this, in fact it will only make it worse. Hang in there, you CAN do this.

R2C
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                  :h

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

What's that saying? There is nothing so bad that alcohol can't make worse? The best we can do is take care of ourselves.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Good Sunday Morning Everyone
                      It's dark and rainy here in the Northeastern US...good day to do inside chores.
                      Greeneyes -- I am sad for your troubles. Know that you have many friends here.
                      Bandit - I know about the not sleeping when AF. It's troubling but it does pass. I take Calmes Forte which you can get in the health food stores. It's totally natural and non habitforming.
                      I was not AF last night but didn't get blitzed either. Spaced out the glasses of wine and drank water in between. Today will be AF. That's my only goal...just for today.
                      The best to all!
                      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hello, ODATers,

First off, the not sleeping thing does suck big time. I hate it. I am sure it is why many of us started down this slippery slope to begin with. Look where drinking to sleep got us!!

My doctor prescribed a drug called Trazadone for me to use. It helps greatly.

Secondly, Greenie. Do not let this become an excuse. You are 30 days + AF and thing about how hard it was for you to ever get there!! Another thing. 30 Days is a trigger for many whether they have issues or not.

However, I understand what your worries are and you are most likely right. He is hiding things from you and you know that is a bad thing. Marriages do not work that way.

Hang on to your sobriety despite how sad you are. The drink will not make it better at all. We all know that and so do you. :l:l

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

I know it's late, but had to "pop" in to tell Greenie to cheer up! I'm sorry DH is giving you such a test of your sobriety--it makes it soooo much harder if we don't have support from our loved ones.

I didn't sleep well last night for WIW. My son's pain meds starting making him sick, so he had a rough night! Not good vomiting with fresh tonsilectomy!

Hope everyone has better days ahead! :l :h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Well, I got through my tough hours of 4:00 - 7:00 by having a berry blend juice with club soda in my wine glass ... also had it with dinner. Now that I've gotten through that, I sit here with fighting that voice in my head that says, "Relax, you did fine... no wine.... go have a nice Scotch and enjoy" ..... so I've jumped on the board here to fight it.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Problem is I haven't left it for long enough --- so no amazing for me. I find it hard to string 2 AF days together. I only had 2 beers yesterday afternoon, so no AL with dinner or afterwards .... so I was please about that ... and nothing so far today. I think I'll go make a cup of tea to try and fight this urge and hope it will pass in a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X