Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Sunday

Hi Greeneyes,

Never let other defeat your AF will. Gambate!

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

No .... I'm doing this quietly on my own without family being aware. Just the way I want it for now. If I was to get rid of everything in the bar ... and there is quite a lot .... they'd absolutely know something was up with me. I'm trying to go AF for a while and occassionally moderate

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

I've got a cup of Peppermint tea prepared and just coming here and reading about all of you and your successes has given me strength to say no to AL tonight. I'm going to have my tea and get into my book. If that voice persists, I'll be back here! Trying to stay strong ... and hope you all do to! Thanks again everyone.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hey New Day, Bessie, Greenie, and other brave ODATers,

Seems like we've all been a bit tested. Mine was so minor I'm a little reluctant to share. I've found listening to the cd's and coming on this site so relaxing and so rewarding. The subliminal cd blocks out the rest of the world, and your stories, support and general regard for each other (and understanding, total lack of judgement, etc.) give me such strength and determination. This combo has meant 3 straight weeks of little or no AL - just happy with an occasional glass of wine and more days AF.

Well, both girls were home today (young adults) and I slipped back into Mommy mode - putting their needs first, thinking I'll get to my stuff later. Well, I didn't get back to MY time with ya'll until 10 minutes ago, and the al beast was calling through the irritation. I drank just 2 glasses of wine, but I really had to put the brakes on with my concious mind - i.e. it didn't feel as natural as the last 3 weeks. I felt a little of the alter ego emerging. Will need to do several AF days to feel back on track. If I learned anything from this, it's that I can never stop being vigilant. As much as I want to believe I'm a "new me" and can enjoy an occasional drink, I will probably always have to be on guard. And this was from minor irritation that my routine was being messed with (largely by me!). I have a whole new understanding of the far greater challenges others face, and how hard it is sometimes to maintain sobriety through it all. God bless ya'll as you face another week and the trials and tribulations each day just might bring.

V.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hi all --- just finishing a cup of Camomille tea (after the Peppermint one)..... and going to head up to bed just to make sure the AL voice doesn't start talking again. I'm glad I didn't give into it tonight..... without this board to go to, I surely would have. Night all! Catch you tomorrow.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hi all,

I love the saying LucidLynne, and so true! I feel SO good AF today. Not even any strong urges. But couldn't have done it with any in the house. My husband is almost a teetotlaler, so he doesn't care if we ever have any in the house. I'm doing this pretty secretively too, only he knows. Gotta be strong at the grocery store tomorrow. Supps really make a difference for me, can't wait to get the cds.

Night all,

~bjb
              Things do not change, we change.
              ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
              X