Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of Those Down Days, After 20+ Up...

Hi all,
    Last night was for some reason tough for me (it was a great day, nothing bad happened, no reason for it). This morning I woke up with that old familiar feeling that no matter what I tell myself, I'm going to drink tonight. I quickly put on my hypnotic tape, but still feel like a bad "shift" has occurred in my head.

So of course I jump on this board (chat is empty) and am reinforced, reminded that there will be great days and bad days, and to just push on through them. So today will be a down day. So what? I will get through it by reminding myself it is normal.

Thank you all for posting about your up days, and especially your down days that you make it through. You give me hope when I feel weak.
    :h River :l
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

I hate that feeling when you wake up. You can and will do it

Comment

Oh gosh river....hang in there. Why oh why didn't I post last night before I took that first sip of wine?
      Only one glass, but enough to piss me off today. My thoughts shifted last night as quick as you can flick a light switch.

I'll be on here tonight after 8pm ET, so stay on w/me...it's really not worth it. The best thing you did was post about it this morning. Keep talking!!!!!
      "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

River, I can get quite melancholic at times and I know if I start battling it I will be doomed!!. Sober or not we are all gonna get days when life seems slightly depressing and we feel that old habits may somehow release us from that state of mind.

Be at peace with yourself knowing that it is only natural for you to be feeling this way from time to time. Hang in there and keep yourself occupied today. I couldn't agree more with dolph as well; don't try fighting it just go with the flow or you'll end up more frustrated and liable to want to 'give in'

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Thanks all,
          I'll jump in chat tonight for reinforcement. I think when that voice starts whispering, we need to grab hold hands. I know I'd be really mad at myself tomorrow if I gave in to "the voice". Dolphin, keep ignoring the voice and take your pill

Almonzo is a pedophile.
          That's for you, One2Many!:yougo:
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

That's where you have to be vigilant doph! The obsession is not gonna go away completely I think. As you well know I was having one of those moments myself on Saturday when voices were telling me it was OK to have a drink. Plenty of diversionary tactics came into play.

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I can SO relate to that feeling. I just have to keep telling myself that there will be days like this and it's NORMAL.
              Do I like normal? I'm not sure yet. But I'm going to give it a hellava try ) (Day 12 for me)
              Stay strong everyone.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'll be in chat tonight too! I'm on the east coast near DC, so I'll be in about 8pm.

Group hug!!!:groupluv:
                "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

you know me am always here and river you are doing an awesome job .
                  be strong and think positive
                  you will get thru this down time but remeber you can make yourself feel happy any time just be proud of yourself for what you have done for yourself .. keep it going
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                  X