just a thought......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a thought......

I was just wondering.........when I was in a domestic violence therapy program - they said it takes an average of 7 times for a victim to leave their abuser. I wonder if that also applies to an alcoholic to quit drinking? So maybe we shouldn't beat ourselves up so bad? There's no failure unless we quit trying hmmmm?

just a thought......

Allow
    I think it is true.Takes some longer than others, but as long as we continue to try we have not failed.

Comment

just a thought......

Well Said, Time2!
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

just a thought......

You are right on the target! See Hopeless and Lost thread above -- We should link these together!! It's the answer to the question!!
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

just a thought......

I only wish I knew the answer to that... I have returned to my problem over and over again so often that I feel like a revolving door. I should only hope and pray that others pick it up much more quickly than I.

Best wishes,

Keep on keeping on!
          FROGZ~

Comment

just a thought......

Good question Allow,

I've been on this site since June and the more common experience I read about is trying to quit/control many, many times before, trying this strategy or that. I remember many years ago going to Weight Watchers, and they, too, were mostly heavy people who had tried every diet under the sun. It must be part of the human condition - we have to try and fail over and over again before we succeed. Why are we so clueless? Wouldn't it be infinitely easier to get it right the first time? It's not exactly fun to keep revisiting the same issue over and over. This is definitely one of the questions I intend to ask St. Peter if I'm not on the express train due south.

V.

Comment

Working...
            X