Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Gotta give it another try, it's cunning and the urges are so powerful. Had wine last night, too much .....feel awful today, after 13 days AF. I'm disappointed in myself, but I'm gonna try again.

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Hi Nunewf,

Just want to say Congrats on the 13 AF days!!! Good on ya for starting day 1 again.

"The sucessful man will profit from his mistake and try again in a drifferent way".

Hope you have a great AF week, I'm rooting for you!!

Dee
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Nunewf - I'm with ya there! I had only one glass Sat night after 9 days, but am back on track now. Feeling good today. 13 days is awesome! Day 2 for me today.

Have a great day!
      "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Everyone,

Remember, this is not a race or a contest of any sort.

New, you went 13 days!! That is awesome. It truly is. Would you have done that in the past? You gave your body, mind and soul some time without the poison to think, reflect and understand.

Yes, it is irritating that our minds continually "urge" us to drink that stuff. I know. I go through it hugely. I have succombed recently after many days (months?) abstinent.

However, I also remind myself that I went many days (months) af. I would have never, ever done that a year ago!!

Do not be discouraged by slips, just acknowledge you have let the basic, life sustaining part of your brain that thinks that alcohol is important for living win. You can get up, dust off, and go at it again, and again, and again. Each time you do, you actually spend some time sober. OMG. Some time sober.

I don't know about you, but every second I am awake and sober is a gift. A real gift.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

However,

I do not want you to think that it is "okay" to just say "well, I can start again tomorrow."

You want to balance this.

Your goal is to be clear.

You cannot do that if you continue to drink.

However, beating yourself up over slips is useless.

Hmm.

Hope this makes sense.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Day one again after 5 days AF. Only a few beers, but very disappointed nonetheless. This week will be AF damn it.
            "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Hi nunewf,
              Been there, done that, worn the t-shirt.. as they say.
              I have managed to get to 14 days AF twice lately only to start drinking again.
              But then again, 28 days AF in total is probably the most I have ever had than in the last 10 years so it still has to be positive.
              I really want to do 30 days in a row this time and then make a decision about staying AF or trying to moderate. Day three again for me.
              Best Wishes
              :h
              Bandit
              There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Thanks everyone for your messages. I will keep on moving ahead, and keep in touch with this forum. It's good to know that people take time to help others here, thanks again

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Hi Nunewf,

I find it so interesting that we all want to "come clean" with our MWO family. I think that honesty is one of the many things that makes this place so special.

Cindi - once again, some wonderful insights. I know (from the threads I've read) that you've been through a lot; and yet you keep moving forward. You have a slip, you get back on the horse, but you don't let yourself totally off the hook. Seems our mistakes are meant to teach us something, so it's probably a good idea to take some time to deconstruct the event so that we can learn from it. At the rate we're all going, we'll be geniuses in a very short time! Thanks everyone - we learn from our own mistakes as well as the others. Sounds like some potential A+ students here.

V.

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

13 days is a very very good, don't short yourself on that. You had a slip-up..it does happen. The important thing is that you know how good you can do, and you can do it again.

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

For those of us that slip up, I think how we handle the day after, and the days to come says more about where we are at than the actual slip up. 13 days is a great accomplishment and the fact that you and others who posted came back for support says where your head is at today. I have already had more AF days this year since finding this site in June than I probably had all last year! Think about what triggered the slip up, learn from your mistake and move on to focusing on today.
                      "The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don?t want it badly enough." - Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Comment

Day 1....Again, AL wins!

Nunewf .... Long journey for me to 13, I'm just 4 today....Good job

Comment

Working...
                        X