Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day number 2

Hello,
    This is my third day of being sober. The nights are getting better, but I am having hand tremors. How long will this last.

Day number 2

Newlife001, usually for me the hand tremors go away within a couple of days so I think they should be gone within 5 days to a week. Even though I drank quite a lot I didn't have serious withdrawal symptoms when I went 30 days AF but I did do the the whole MWO supplement program so I don't know if that helped plus I drank lots of water. I seem to be able to go AF without much physical withdrawal symtoms my big problem is the mental withdrawal. I mentally crave the alcohol. Good for you on day 3. You should be proud of yourself. Don't fret too much about the hand tremors they should disappear soon.

Cucks

Comment

Day number 2

Great job newlife.
      I think we are all different depending one how much and what you drink, male or female and other factors. I just wanted to welcome you and tell you that you have come to a great place. It really does get easier and you will feel so much better soon. Keep it up. It is not easy, but so worth it.

Comment

Day number 2

Hi Newlife
        Way to go 3 days you are on your way.Day 1- 10 can be tough and then yes it will be easier.Didn't believe it when I was going through it.Then as days become Weeks cravings and thoughts of al start to leave.
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

Day number 2

Welcome Newlife,

Cuckoos seems to have the best handle on this. From what I have read on these threads, the physical withdrawal symptoms vary widely. Even some (like Bandit) who have been AF a bit longer are still having trouble sleeping. We need to give our bodies plenty of time to recover from the punishment we've handed out. That's why RJ recommends nutritional supplements, diet and exercise to help our poor bodies heal. On Oprah today, Dr. Oz was the guest. He was talking about healthy living patterns and mentioned that it takes our bodies 3 months to reverse lifestyle damage in a measurable way. May sound like a lot, but 3 months will come and go whether we drink or not. And if we don't drink, we'll feel a hell of a lot better at the end of those 3 months than the poor chap who insisted on carrying on with his demon bride AL.

V.

p.s. Have you read RJ's book? If not, I'd recommend getting it and reading DeeBee's thread on it posted in this category.

Comment

Day number 2

im on day three as well and i have hand tremors and a cloudy head. i just live in the hopes at least my head will clear, even though it is scary.

Comment

Day number 2

I would like to thank everyone for the info. I am thankful I found this site and thank all for the support.

Comment

Day number 2

Hi to the other day 3'ers ... I'm one myself. First time I've been able to string 3 AF days together. Just found this site a couple of weeks ago, and wouldn't have been able to start without it. Great support here. Went to a movie tonight to get out so I wouldn't be tempted to open a bottle of wine. Even still, I had that voice in my head during the movie and on the way home ... would I succumb or not when I got home ... I so much would love a glass of wine. As soon as I arrived home, brushed my teeth and got into my P.J.'s and on here. I think the desire has now passed... YEAH!

Comment

Working...
                X