Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many many questions.

Hi all.
    Ok so this is my first day and i screwed up already, i can't believe it :upset: but i'm going to do this if it kills me. I only ha 2 glasses of wine tonight, better then a whole bottle. I have none left now so it really is the start.

I'm going to do the 30 day no drink thing. My first day will be tomorrow. I'm starting a diary as well so i can look back at how hard it was when i complete this.

Now for my questions....
    I need help, i crave drink. I've been looking in the shop here and i'm completely confused and have no idea what is best. if someone could give me advice on what would be the best things to buy to help me, it would be a huge help. I'm someone who drinks every night, a bottle of wine. I crave drink and get angry when i can't have it. I use it to relax i guess. Any ideas???????????????

ALSO
    I've been reading posts and people are using words i don't understand... like AF.... can you please tell me what all these short words mean.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't WAIT to start my 30 days!!!!! YAY!!!! A NEW LIFE, A NEW ME, i'm so excited!!!!

:thanks:

Many many questions.

AF means alcohol free... we want to support you.x
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Many many questions.

Lil.Michelle,

Yes, AF mean alcohol free, Mod means moderation. Umm, there are too many to name right now, just when you hit them, ask!!

As for where to start? I really recommend you either download the book or order it from Amazon.com or somewhere. The book outlines the program. Totally.

Many have achieved incredible success with the program but you must read it to understand it.

The book is inexpensive. Truly. Like $13.00 or so.

My $0.02

and yes, we are all here to support you however we can. :welcome:

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Many many questions.

The supplements in the book REALLY help with the cravings and helping you chill out @ the end of the day. Exercise is also a big help. Go to bed @ 7:00 p.m. if you have to. Even if you wake up very early, you probably won't want to drink in the a.m. Good luck! I believe all can be successful with the MWO program but you have to be diligent about taking the supplements for them to help. Good luck! And if it gets difficult, DO IT ANYWAY. The urge will pass.

Comment

Many many questions.

lilMichell,

Cindi hit the nail on the head. Start with the book. Fight the physical cravings with meds, supps, exercise, etc. but don't forget your drinking mind! The cd's outlined in the program help with that. Immerse yourself as if the shareholders/customers/whomever are going to quiz you. Put the energy into your sobriety that you obviously put into your career. Big dividends, for sure.

V.

Comment

Many many questions.

ODAT means one day at a time. Many can't even think about giving up alcohol for more than a day, so they just plan ODAT. The other letters and phrases seemed to explain themselves to me, but I had to ask someone this one. Kind Bessie helped me out.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
            X