my head is so cloudy after day 4 sober......help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just want to know ill be clear headed evetually... ive drank very heavily especially the last year (about a pint of vodka roughly every night + beer). it just seems like the anxiety and light headedness will never end because im not normally anxious at all..

help

This WILL pass....what are you four days?
    Drink lots of water and eat some carbs and protein..
    Your brain is adjusting and it takes awhile.
    Take a deep breath....several ....
    Do you have the cd's to listen to?
    They helped me alot.

Your doctor may help with something to take the edge off for a few days..
    Ativan is one that comes to mind...

You will get through this.....

:lNancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

thankyou,
      im doing it without meds, so i know it will be hard.. im just worried about going to work.. i think ill make it though.i just feel so helpless, but i refuse to drink to make it go away

Comment

hang in there!

Comment

Tomorrow will be better I promise. I drank SO many times just to make it go away and ended up right back at the start. Please ride it out and it really helped me to write down how I felt so that when I thought it was ok to drink I read that and remembered how God darn awful it felt when I did.

Comment

great advice. it is so easy to say now that ill never drink again, but later down the road when i think about drinking i need to remember right now - the anxiety and foggy head. thanks

Comment

hey dsr0187 just hang in there, your head will clear up and each day will get better.
              thanks care, and you can do it.
              :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

thank rusty, you helped through yesterday when we talked. im not giving in.....

Comment

Hi Dsr, I pmd you with some thoughts. Sounds like you are determined! Good going. Drink lots of water.
                  workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Hi dsr
                    Congrats on Day 4. It took me at least 5 days to feel a bit more clear headed, and I drank less than u did. As for the anxiety. I did have Ativan for the detox and to help with the anxiety of going back to AA. I have tapered off the Ativan, and am having some sleep issues. Do u have the MWO book yet? It talks about supplements that help with anxiety and sleep. I am going to buy the Evening Primrose Oil and some Calm Forte. Those are supposed to help with anxiety and sleep. I usually can find most supps at Walmart for reasonable prices. The L-Glutamine, which u can get at Walmart is recommended for cravings. Hope this helps a bit.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hang tough dsr ---- it will only get better --- you don't want to have to go through this again! Thoughts are with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X