Day 5 sober update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 5 sober update

ive reached day 5 and after 4 days of anxiousness and a cloudy head, im starting to see the signs of it really going away. my head is not fully clear yet but there is a definate ray of hope. keeping myself busy has really kept the anxiousness away. i know im going to need more time to fully recover, but at least there are no craving for AL (it actually kind of freaks me out when i think about drinking). i know i will definitaly have cravings down the road when i finally feel good, but i will just have to remind myself how crappy that i have felt the last 4 days.
    i will update each day until i feel normal (i mean better than i ever did when i was drinking). I will still be on this forum after that too.
    thanks to everyone on this forum that have helped me get this far...

Day 5 sober update

Good for you dsr! I definitely have to remember how badly I felt for the first five days. I am day 20, and my body is still adjusting. I do feel much better though. I am happy to report that I have not had a craving in over a week. Keep checking in. It was nice to see you Chat the other night. I bought some Evening Primrose Oil for anxiety and sleep issues today. My daughter also has some Valerian, which I am told is helpful for sleep. I will let you know.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day 5 sober update

it gets better,you tuffin up, way to go 187 gyco

Comment

Day 5 sober update

Hi Dsr
        Way to Go!! Keep working your plan.Keeping busy I found was one of the best ways to keep al out of my life.
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

Day 5 sober update

Way to go!!! Im at day 12 and it DOES seem to be getting a easier. Stay tough, but be kind to yourself and allow yourself a good ol' pat on the back. Youre doing GREAT!!!! :goodjob:
          Do my issues make my butt look big?

Comment

Day 5 sober update

Hey you are doing great. You will be just fine.

Comment

Day 5 sober update

Happy to hear dsr, sounds like you are on a good path. Remember drink lots of water! (I'm the water police) Repairing your body with supps will help also. Have you read the mwo intro from RJ, or thought about getting the book/cds they do help esp. once the euphoria of success goes away and you start thinking...well maybe just one night...Just something to consider.
              workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Day 5 sober update

good to hear you are feeling better and better everyday .. it only gets easyer as everyday goes by keep on going .. you are doing it girl great job
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day 5 sober update

Hi dsr ---- I'm just on day 5 AF as well. Have made it through the dinner hour, and am preparing a cup of tea. Hear "the voice" in my head calling me to have a glass of wine and trying my darndest to shut it out. Have been a bit headachy the last couple of days and not sure if it's withdrawl or the pressure changes in the weather ... we've had storms come and go for days now. If I can make it through the next 3 hours, I can then get ready for bed and wake up with a clear head tomorrow. Have a golf game with my hubby tomorrow, so I'd like to enjoy that.

Comment

Day 5 sober update

Welcome dsr,

Would have responded sooner, but computer was on the frzzzzzz. MWO2 nailed it. The "euphoria" lasts for awhile, then seemingly out of the blue AL strikes back. We just have to be constantly vigilitant. I'm getting in tune with my triggers, one of which is not being able to come here and see my MWO friends!! I actually thanked the HP tech tonight for fixing my computer so that I could go online to MWO. Am I a marketing tool or what??!??

V.

Comment

Day 5 sober update

just got back from work and my head got really cloudy again. it is really scary but it comes in waves. when my head gets cloudy it makes me think each time it will never end and that is when the anxiety comes back.... i guess i just need to let time take its toll and deal with it... scary though!!! i know ill be fine but its hard to believe it....

Comment

Day 5 sober update

"it comes in waves... " And that's a key insight. All of this stuff comes and goes. With alcohol, we have gotten used to a quick fix, medicating our anxiety and discomfort with something that changes our emotional state VERY quickly. What we forget is that normal life is full of these ever-changing emotions, some of them pleasant, some of them not at all pleasant. And they all go away... and then come back. Like clouds in the sky, like weather. The trick is often just to wait out the unpleasant ones, do something distracting and positive (or, at least, not harmful). Then, half an hour later, you will usually find that you feel a lot better.

Best wishes!

Comment

Day 5 sober update

Like clouds in the sky...

Work in Progress, Awesome post so well put thankyou!

Dsr, the clouds may come when you get home because that is where you did your drinking, esp secret drinking? I know that I felt different at home, like what to do what to do? Mostly got on line for the first couple weeks. Everything I did at home was fueled by al. Working in garden, super cleaning, etc.. that has all gotten better. Babysteps here, take care of you the rest will follow.
                          workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Day 5 sober update

well put...........once again you have all put it into a good perspective. i will keepdoing what im doing.
                            thanks again

Comment

Day 5 sober update

Hello nice experience everyday i too think of this plan... how to stop? i was a chain smoker 4 23 yrs but i stopped it 4 two yre now plz help me 2 stop drinking too i consume 4---6 pegs a day plz help me....

Comment

Working...
                              X