Day 5 sober update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 5 sober update

WIP - That is a fabulous post! If I focus on the craving, it lasts longer. If I don't, it vanishes quickly. Most of the time.

Comment

Day 5 sober update

By my fuzzy counting, I think this is day 6 AF for several of us today?? Pretty wonderful. I am feeling good this morning, ready to take on the rest of the work of organizing, cleaning, preparing my mother's house for her grand return from the nursing home.... I am quite sure that if I were still drinking, I would be dreading this (both the work on the house and everything that will be involved when my mother is at home in her house, with dementia and a mean streak) a lot more than I am now... funny how getting off the alcohol (a depressant) helps with mood (ha! lol!)... My outlook is much, much less grim than it has been for quite a while (since December/January, when I was getting forced out of the job I loved)...

Sharktooth, I hope you are back this morning. Keep posting. You will get a lot of help. The main thing: this is both a support place (the boards) and also a program; get the book, make a plan, follow the plan, and keep coming back here for support. You can do it.

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Day 5 sober update

Welcome Sharktooth

Wow!! Good for u for getting off the smokes. That is a demon that I still must battle, but one demon at a time please. I agree 100% with what Work In Progress said. I read the book and am taking some of the supps. I am not taking topa. My doc was not very familiar with it for use in alcoholism. I brought the book to my doctor and we discussed the meds and supps together. It is recommended that u involve your doc in this program. You will get lots of support here. I look forward to reading your posts and wish you well as you begin this wonderful journey for a healthy life. You Can Do it!!!
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day 5 sober update

OMG. All of you are doing so well.

For those with the HUGELY foggy brains, there is something called PAWS. Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome.

I suffered from that in a gigantic way.

That is what Campral is about.

It helps with that. I does not help with cravings (unlike what the website says) but it does help with that. If you can get a script for that, I think you will be in the clear. Totally.

Okay, not totally. We have to fight this for years. But, your brain is no longer hugely foggy, you are not wandering around in the "where am I and who am I" mode.

Okay, I am but that is old age, not drinking. :H

I am so impressed by all of you. You are doing well and trying so hard.

Use whatever tools you can to keep your head above water and beat this beast.

Whatever tools.

Love,
          Cindi

ps. Remember that 40% of "us" die. 40%. That is not a good statistic. Do whatever it takes to beat this "beast."
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
          X