Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, the Train stopped.

Hi Karl,

Was wondering where you've been. I know this may sound a bit harsh, and believe me, NONE of us can claim any place in the gallery of saints, but it sounds like you're on the self pity train and booze is the engine. That combination will get you to a little town called Nowhere. Of course you're mourning the loss of the girl you thought was the love of your life. And when we're alone, we think there's no good reason to be at out best - why not be a slob? why not eat like (sorry Bessie) a pig? why not drink ourselves to oblivion? I think you probably know the reason - we all do, or we wouldn't be here. Because the creator of the universe didn't breathe life into us just to throw it all away like yesterday's trash. You have a unique purpose in this lifetime, but you won't get close to discovering what it is until you start valuing the created life that you are.

There are so many of us out there who do battle on a daily basis with the things that could bring us crashing down. We take inspiration from others who have made it. Start looking at your life through brighter eyes - see that there is a damn good reason to carry on the good fight. Find inspiration in others, but never lose sight of the fact that untimately all change is up to you. I think we all have it within ourselves to succeed, we just have to start believing it.

V.

Comment

Trains stop. They start back up. Life is like that. Do what you know has the best chance of giving you a good, meaningful life. That's all we can do, with or without girlfriends.

best wishes,

wip

Comment

WTF, Karl?.......

You've been told you get violent and black out when you drink......you don't think that's a fucking problem?

You have 2 options.

1. You continue to drink and prove to your ex and everyone else that she was right and you are a hopeless drunk....

OR

2. You pick your sorry ass up and decide you are going to prove them all wrong.....You decide that YOU are in charge of what happens in your life and you're going to take control of this drinking nonsense once and for all......show her that you don't need her to be sober.....you are sober because life is so much better and clearer without the haze....

Think about this....

Don

Comment

startingover: good on you day 18. your past the worst part now. congrats on 18 days

i know your all right, the advice here is unbelievable, its just hard sometimes to deal with problems in your life, but i guess u just have to pick yourself up and start all over again. And yes im sober now not like last night when i wrote the other crap. i know im a good person.
          i dont have all that much in my life and the things i do have i hold dearly to me. hence the reason why this break up which has been on rocky roads for the last 4-5 months has been really tuff for me.

I forgive her. and im going to try my best to forgive myself for acting like a dickhead. here and in real life.
          thank you all for the support yet again.

and Chief, i choose option 2 please....

I disappeared from this site a while ago, being selfish and thinking that i had done it, proved to myself and everyone wrong and that i didnt have a drinking problem.
          but now i guess i was defeated yet again, even after over 120 sober. I will try my best to start again. and hang around and give the support and little advice i can to the people here who want to better them selfs. for them selfs

Im just a big sook. a big softy. maybe sometimes im a little too soft.

Karl

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

Don I am continually amazed at how you cut through the crap and get to the heart of an issue you are a very wise person the world needs more people like you !!!! I admire your advice very much hang on every word.. Karl don't wanna hijack your thread but listen to cheif's advice there simply ain't none better!!!!
            Cap

Comment

God - I just wish everybody would listen to Chief.

Comment

very good advice chief!

Karl glad you choose option 2 .....That what i love about this place the people are so caring..

Love
                Teardrop.x
                family is everything to me

Comment

I'm proud of you, Karl.....

Now just do it, man.....walk the walk....

Don

Comment

Karl, just here to lend some support. It was Always relationships that got me drinking again. Others hurt us, and we in turn hurt ourselves. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it? I was an ugly, black out drinker. No one who is close to me wants to see a drink in my hand. You had a good stretch of sobriety, and you can do it again!! You are worth it. GOD DOES NOT MAKE JUNK!! We are here for you.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi Karl,
                      Like Seacaillin, I'm just here to ket you know you're not alone.
                      I agree with Tawny re Chief.
                      It really is your decision................. and you've already proven you can stay off the booze for extended periods. It will get easier the more often you do (or don't) do something. Just take it easy on yourself, be kinder to yourself.

Comment

Karl - Chief has the best advice. I need to listen to him as well. You can do this.
                        "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Working...
                        X