Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO PROUD

Well today is my THIRD day sober.

It was really hard yesterday as it was husbands birthday bbq. The drink started flowing as early as 11.15am and didn't stop until 1am. Everyone was drinking and having fun. To start with i felt alone and unhappy as i wasn't drinking. I thought about it a lot. I could have easily had a bottle of wine or loads and LOADS of beer or vodka without anyone seeing BUT i didn't. I DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE DROP. I was tempted but i think that was natural. I am SOO proud of myself!

I hope people don't mind me coming on here and moaning or having proud moments. I just have no one to share it with!!! If it wasn't for the people on here, i'd never have given up! :thanks:

SO PROUD

lil. michelle your post has put a big smile on my face you are wonderful be proud and loud you are the best
    Well done keep going it just gets better and better a sober life is a wonderful life!!!!
    Love cap

Comment

SO PROUD

lil M congrats to you,as cap said you also brought a smile to my face and a happiness in my heart 4 you,,this is not an easy task,most people dont no much of alcoholism or do they wish to,i have also stopped many times and have bin put in the same situation as your in now ,many times,you pluk along as best as you can,but the best thing you ll ever receive from here is support hav a great day and keep on talkin,were here 4 YOU GYCO

Comment

SO PROUD

lil.michelle:

wow thats great to hear. we love people like you coming here and telling all of us how well your doing.
        Im proud of you too..

thats the hardest part i have found about not drinking, and thats social events when everone else is drinking.

Keep up the GREAT work. and continue to let us all know how your going..

Big hugs Karl

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

SO PROUD

Lil.Michelle,

You have every right to be incredibly proud of yourself. Every right.

Now on to the rest of your wonderful life, which you have already started.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

SO PROUD

hi lil,

You are great...Really:goodjob:

Comment

SO PROUD

FABULOUS! Way to go LM, you got through the b-day bbq!!! You got through that... you can get through anything!

I'm sitting here smiling, too.

wip

Comment

SO PROUD

brag all you want! u deserve it!

what you did on day 3... yikes that took some discipline!

and don't u feel good this morning!

Comment

SO PROUD

Way to GO lil michelle!!! THAT must have been a tough challenge especially so early on in your sobriety. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

And no hangover today. WHEE!!!!!! Keep it goin'. If you can handle that situation, you can handle anything.

DG
                  Day 67 AF
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

SO PROUD

Great, great, job!! I'm impressed!! And Proud!!:goodjob::h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

SO PROUD

Great job!

Comment

SO PROUD

Awesome, Michelle! If there is anything that we, as newcomers, that we should be learning from these threads it is that this process of dealing with AL is going to be a battle...with some days being harder than others. We need to celebrate out accomplishments...no matter how big or how small! It is the memory of those positives that will us to pick up the pieces and start again in the event that we stumble along the way.

Like you, I am new here on this site. Today is day 3 for me. Was totally AF Friday...a surprise given that we had company and the liquor was flowing. I stuck to my Fresca and club soda and have to say that it felt sort of nice to have a clear head. Usually, I am falling asleep before our guests leave.

Yesterday was a crazy day. Lots of chores and errands, finally cooked a big meal. Decided to sit down with a glass of wine before putting dinner on the table. And to tell you the truth, I didn't really enjoy it....felt like I was breaking the law.

Today will be a challenge. We are going to a Springsteen concert this evening and the family wants to tailgate prior to the concert......hoagies and beer! Knowing that I have to "confess" there tomorrow ought to help me stay on the straight and narrow.

I know that I have read some of your posts before, but can't remember whether you are someone who has mentioned Kudzu. Granted, it has only been two days, but it seems to be working for me. There may even to part of the reason last night's wine didn't have the appeal it usually does. If you haven't already, give it a try!

Wishing Michele and everyone else a great AF day!

Comment

SO PROUD

Li'l M, WELL DONE!!!! Very proud of you. Keep bragging we all need to hear the good things. This is a tough battle, it can be won. You are showing us that. Congratulations.
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

SO PROUD

I'm proud of you too Michelle!!! Nice one!
                            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

SO PROUD

Way to Go!!! That had to be tough!! I got several text messages from a much younger man that I got drunk with once before, to come over to his house and drink with him today. It was tempting for a little bit, but I keep thinking about how I will feel tomorrow. I got a call from a woman that I know who is in AA, and made plans to go to a meeting tonight. Whew! close call. Day 23 for me. Don't want to ruin that!!
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                              X