Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Tuesday

Happy Tuesday ODATs,

Nothing much going on in Vera world. Spent the day housecleaning (an every Tuesday thing) and now am rewarding my good efforts with a cold diet tonic w/lime, beach sounds on the subliminal cd and catch up time with my MWO family. It's so much more rewarding than a couple bottles of wine, believe me. I am forever fascinated by all that we go through, across continents, from young to, well, Vera's tender age.

Uni, is this BF a keeper? It seems to me that any BF who's skirt chasing - cyber or in person - is kind of a "c" boyfriend. I know this may sound like the stone age, but aren't relationships supposed to be affirming, comfortable, exciting, growing, wonderful, etc. etc.? And when they're not, isn't that why God made doors? The bottom line is you deserve a relationship where trust is at the heart of it and good things come of it. When we think we don't deserve it, we do all sorts of stupid things like drink away our pain. OK, am climbing down from the old soap box. Just know that there really is no shortage of good men in the world, they just don't always announce themselves.

To everyone, hope your weather holds if you're liking it, and changes if you're not.

V.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Vera - that's where my confusion comes in girl! he is so amazing with my daughter and for the past 7 months has been amazing with me - the stuff I found is not recent, it is past - (see my need help asap thread) just kind of reaffirmed things........in my life I have never seen good relationships, dad cheated on mom, husband cheated on me.....never had positive influences so am always waiting for that other shoe to drop.......so last year when after 9 months in a new relationship I was falling in love, he was still looking......he's in love now but I'm trying to determine if I can let go of the hurt from last year or not......just reaffirms the history I grew up with. do I think he's a cheater? not at all.........I think he just wasn't ready then........and I think he is now. It just doesn't change the fact that what I saw reaffirms the proof that what I grew up with and what I know is that men cheat.......and hurt women continually over and over again.......so I just have to deal with it basically.......cause he is a good man, and he is in love with me now and at that time we were only 9 months in and I don't think he'll do it again.......so I need to discuss it with him and hopefully I can get past that hurt...........cause it does really effin hurt......but you know what.....I'm getting really used to men hurting us...seems to be a trend. Sorry that sounds kind of bitter but really, I kind of am, that's why I'm in therapy.
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Uni,

You are indeed faced with a monumental challenge my friend. What you saw with your Dad and with your husband has really left a lot of baggage in your heart. Good for you for seeing a therapist. Hope he/she can help you untangle the crap so that is doesn't poison what sounds like a promising relationship. One of the many lessons I learn here is that we're often asked to deal with things that were not of our doing in the least. It seems unfair, but can't seemingly get away from it. Sending hugs and support from down here.

V.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Thanks V - and thanks to all...........you guys really are my salvation
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Well, my husband left me today. I can't even talk about it. But I am not drinking.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

greenie,

I am so sorry. I just have to believe that there are rainbows for you after this storm. I totally believe that you are embarking on a new and happier life.

Congrats on the no booze! After you weather this storm successfully, you will know it is smoothing sailing from this point forward.

xo

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Greeneyes, your strength is inspirational. You are going through one of the most difficult things that can happen in one's life and are staying AF!! I am sorry for your pain.:l
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

I am sorry for the hurt you are going thru. I am very happy you are AF. Life will get better. It has to, no? Please don't stay away. We are here for you. Your MWO family.

R2C
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Dear Greenie :l:l:l:l:l:l

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

greenie..............

I love you......hope you are well..........

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Greeneyes
                        So sorry- please try and take extra good care of yourself
                        :l
                        -Sheep

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Greeneyes,

Be strong :l

Comment

Working...
                          X