hellooooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hellooooo

Hello all - I've come across this ws like so manyothers it seems - looking for info on weight loss/ heavy drinking/ liver damage ect. this list goes on. I just can't leave the Shiraz alone and have known for years that I drink way way too much (about 1 -2 bottles a night - more on weekends), but love the stuff so much. I regularly have hangovers which I just accept and deal with - even if I feel like death I rarely let them get in the way of what I need to do. I would love to be able to actually WANT to drink less - controlled - I can't ever imagine going af indefinately - what a nightmare. So concerned about my health though - have a dull ache where my poor liver hangs out, about 4 stone overweight and just feel crap most of the time.
    Anyways - you all seem pretty friendly, so I reckon there's nothing to loose.

Love Noodle x

hellooooo

Hi Noodle! You've come to the right place, a good place to start would be to download the MWO book! I've been trying to moderate my drinking for some time, have abstained twice - first for 50 days and after a major slip abstained for a further 40 days. Not Shiraz for me though, my poison of choice was/is (lets be honest here) vodka... straight. Although things seemed to be better, felt I was still obsessing about drink and stumbled quite accidently on to this site. I am now contemplating another 30 days AF September. Anyway, would like to say a big WELCOME and look forward to more of your posts!

:welcome:
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

hellooooo

Welcome, Noodle! You said:

I can't ever imagine going af indefinately - what a nightmare. So concerned about my health though - have a dull ache where my poor liver hangs out, about 4 stone overweight and just feel crap most of the time.
      Anyways - you all seem pretty friendly, so I reckon there's nothing to loose.
      Most of us, I think it's fair to say, once could not even imagine not drinking forever, or indefinitely... and then we found that the nightmare wasn't NOT drinking... the nightmare is what comes with the drinking...

Anyhow, you have all kinds of options, this is a great place to learn some stuff and try things out and get a whole lot of support. Read the MWO book, get a plan, see how it goes!

best wishes,

wip

Comment

hellooooo

:welcome: Noodle

If you are serious about this, start by reading My Way Out.

I was also worried about being af long-term, now after 60 days, I'm more afraid of drinking again!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

hellooooo

:colorwelcome: Noodle! (like that screen name)

I third the motion to download the My Way Out book and give it a read. It's a great program to help you sort out your drinking problem behaviors and decide what to do about them.

I've come to realize what a complete and total prison alcohol is for me, and while it's not always easy in some moments, I'm much happier and better off without it. There are folks here who have successfully figured out how to drink moderately too.

I wish you well on your journey.

DG
          Day 70 Alcohol Free, Hangover Free
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

hellooooo

Hi Noodle - Welcome! I am a wino as well. I am doing much better being AF, not perfect, but MUCH better. I got the supplements and the book which helped enormously. I pray alot and have a great family which hels too. And the people on this site are wonderful. Very welcoming and kind and SUPPORTIVE! We are all doing our best and the first step was coming here! It is not a cure-all - that is up to us, but dang, it certainly helps. Jump on in!

Take care,

Kat
            "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

hellooooo

Hiya Noodle and welcome to SOberland. You will be a HAPPYer noodle with LESS winey..Too much winey make you cranky, fussy, confused and sick all the time...YUCKO.. :egad: This is what to expect when you :stop:

Laughter- YES...all the time.
              FOOD...AF= Always Food when Alcohol FREE. :thumbsup
              NO more Fractured SKULL...oh no. :byebye:
              SAVE MONEY $$$$ :cents adds up quick.
              Just be happy Again.

Reporting from Ripple. XXOO

Comment

hellooooo

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

hellooooo

I prefer egg noodles to Shiraz noodles personally!!!

Noodle if you really want to cut back your drinking it IS possible but you have to be willing to put in the effort to get there. I made a conscious decision last June to do that and I've had 12 out of 13 months sober; which is a bleed'n miracle as far as I'm concerned. Is it the the 'wine' you like though or the 'buzz'? Me personally, it was the buzz and the lifestyle that I enjoyed more than anything. I was very hedonistic with my lifestyle choices and I often thought that was just who I was. WRONG!! I'm much more than that and getting sober has started me on a whole new life journey with a totally new purpose. Stick around and get involved on the forum as it helps tremendously to share your hopes, fears and even have some fun along the way. Try not to think of getting sober as a such a big 'chore' but more of a change in your personal lifestyle. If someone told me I had to go on a diet, I know I would be doomed to failure because I would think I would be depriving myself of food. BUT if I somehow looked at that differently and said I need to get healthy and loose some wight but eat the RIGHT foods then I wouldn't see it as depriving myself. I would see it as changing my diet rather than depriving myself. I personally looked at my drinking habit the same way. I tried to look at the fact that I was not depriving myself of drink but changing my lifestyle to a better one that didn't include it.

The mind is a powerful thing and it will take a lot of vigilance to get you through but believe me it is much better to 'live' than to 'function'.

Love and Happiness
                  Hippie
                  xx
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

hellooooo

Wellcome Noodle......You've come to the right place ! One stop shopping, take care of all your ills Ha! IAD!
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

hellooooo

Welcome Noodle
                      The thought of going the rest of my life without AL was/is too overwhelming for me. I just take each day, sometimes each hour, as it comes. I use the MWO program and AA, although, I am having some trouble jumping back in to AA. You will find what works for you. There are alot of knowledgeable people here to help.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

hellooooo

Noodle

Sea has made a good point too. To look too far ahead and think about a life without drink is very difficult in the beginning. You have to take it one day at a time. I know this sounds like AA talk etc but I think it has worked for may here including me. I know sea won't mind me saying this but a few weeks ago she was in a very bad place herself and she has came through it. It's a very hard thing to admit to yourself that you have a problem. I've said it many times in the past but done nothing about it.

Sea you're doing a great job hun. Keep it up. You're getting more involved with the community here and i'm sure you're feeling a hell of a lot better for knowing that there are people on this forum just like you and whom you can share things with. Don't be afraid noodle honestly get involved, no one here is out to judge you or play nurse or anything like that. No one can do this but you but we can share our own experiences too with you and give you support through this.

Love and Happiness
                        Hippie
                        xx
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

hellooooo

Thank you everyone for your kind welcome and words - will deff. be in touch - some wise words.

Noodle x

Comment

Working...
                          X