Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Hi All,

I have known about this site for 2 years now. Ordered the whole packet, CD,supps. etc. and tried it for a month.

Then discovered, wow I don't have a problem.:nutso: How foolish of me.

Went last week on a all inclusive holiday to Mexico, well needless to say I can just remember parts of the vacation.

I have a problem, some people can drink 1 glass of wine, I drink a whole bottle. I don't know why??

I will be reading the posts every day - because this is my way out.

:new:
    winkmonkey:

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

WELCOME sound like a good plan .. you can do this.. good luck
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Welcome,

Your story sounds like mine. When I stopped drinking for an extended period I thought I was cured........no such thing. Good luck

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

The good thing is that you are here...

Welcome to the Board.

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Hi Trying Hard,

There are a few of us in the same boat. Missing hours, even days on end.
          Coming here almost certainly saved my life and changed it immensely.
          Glad you found us.

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Welcome Back!

Many of us have that same story, you are not alone. I too recently came "back" and today I am on day 6 AF. We can do this!
            "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Welcome
              I am glad that you posted. I have had too many experiences that I don't remember to count. What a way to live. It feels so good to know what I am saying and doing at all times. Not to mention how great it feels physically and emotionally. Best wishes. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Glad you are back safe and sound. add water with lemon to that arsenal!
                workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Yes those "all inclusives" are terrible things... I did that briefly in Jamaica, lots and lots and lots of lousy booze and TRYING to pretend I was having a good time... Good you are here.

wip

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Glad that you're back!

I think that pretty much anyone who has a drinking problem wishes that they could drink normally just like other people. Somewhere inside our brain a switch gets flipped and is becomes almost impossible - at least it did for me. I tried for years to drink normally, and every time I went to excess I promised myself that the next time would be different..... Or, I wouldn't drink for a month or two and would then be sure that I was 'cured' and could start drinking 'normally' again.....

I now consider myself a little older and a little wiser and I understand that for me, drinking normally will never, ever be an option. I can't long for the old days, I can't look to the future for a miracle cure, and I can't ever take my sobriety for granted because I am in trouble if I do.

Sounds like you have a plan in place, and that is a great place to start!
                    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Thanks everyone for your replies. At least I feel now that I'm not alone in this struggle.
                      winkmonkey:

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

You are never alone, far from it actually..

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

Yep, I was the king of stopping and starting, an alcoholic in the rush hour I called life! I did that commute for way too many years...

That's what's so great about this place. People are here from all over the world but we all share one common problem.
                          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

TRYING HARD - AGAIN

I think that pretty much anyone who has a drinking problem wishes that they could drink normally just like other people.
                            That's so true, Athlete, and I certainly was in that camp for YEARS, like you on that awful cycle... and, funny but really hopeful to me is that right now I really can't remember the feeling of wishing I could drink "normally." I am at this wonderful place right now where I just don't get it. What is so f**ng amazingly wonderful about "being able" to have a couple of drinks of alcohol? I mean, of course I understand that the first couple of drinks are relaxing, they feel good, etc., but NOT THAT GOOD!!

I hope I can hold on to this particular perspective, or attitude, or whatever it is...

Happy weekend all,

wip

Comment

Working...
                            X