hi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi...

i feel kind of silly being here.. but here i am. i have refused to acknowledge it for quite a while, but i think i have an alcohol problem. i drink almost everyday to escape things. there are a lot of issues going on in y family and they all turn to me for advice and help because i have a degree in psychology (hence my feeling silly for even having a problem). i really want to quit becasue it is starting to become a ral problem, but i can't tell anyone close to me because they all have their own issues to deal with and all have high hopes for me since i am the first to graduate from college. i try to quit, but i always come back.. i don't really ever get any severe withdrawl symptoms.. so i don't think it is too late.... i would really appreciate any advice

thanks

hi...

First of all welcome. You certainly are not the only person here with a degree in psychology. There are quite a few and I am sure they will be around to welcome you too. Please read the book then stick around. Posting , reading and chatting will all be a help.

Comment

hi...

Airiona ~ Welcome.

Well, the old saying around here is that if you think you have a problem, then you definitely do. Good for you to seek some help.

BTW, just because you have a degree in psychology, no one should ever make you feel like you can't or shouldn't have your own problems. And your education should tell you that you can't keep your problems bottled up because you think your family and friends won't understand. You know more than anyone that that sort of thinking will lead to resentment.

I am glad you found us. Vent to us all you want. A very understanding and supportive group here.

I agree with Time, download the book. It's a very short read and it will help fully explain the program.

Good luck! We are with you.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

hi...

Welcome and do not feel silly. You are in "good" company.

Tell us more about you and let's get to know each other.

D

Comment

hi...

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

hi...

Hey!!
            Please don't feel silly!!! We're all here for help and support so we're always here for you!
            I look forward to getting to know you!

Comment

hi...

:welcome: I know exactly what you mean about feeling silly. I felt that I didn't have a right to be here too! Daft now I know. This place is amazing and it will help you no end. Guess what, I am about to start studying psychology!!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
              X