Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Sunday

Happy Sabbath dear ODATs,

Bessie, I always thought you started the ODAT thread because you were so many hours ahead of the rest of us time zone-wise. Don't want it to become a burden, and drive you away from us (or heaven forbid, to drink!!!) Could we have an unwritten rule that whatever ODAT comes online first will just start the daily thread if it hasn't been done already? That way anyone could jump in and help.

Busy day in Vera land. New Pastor coming tomorrow morning and have been working with a large group of parishoners getting the parsonage ready. It was a total mess. Spent about 5 hours today getting things straightened and cleaned up. Looks pretty good - for me, it will mean not only a new Pastor for church, but also a new boss as I work there, too. Can't wait!!

Paula, I feel like I'm missing something. You've mentioned some nasty comments, but I have seen nothing but support in the 6 weeks I've been on. Sometimes there's a word of caution, or a nudge to cut the drama and go into action, but nothing that rises to the nasty level. I'm hoping that whatever you saw was an abberation and not an inherent character flaw of the site.

Good luck everyone with your sobriety goals. Had a very good weekend myself and go into the week with a good attitude. Sea - hope you had a great time this weekend, and prayers for Cindi as she navigates Lenair.

V.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Happy Sunday Evening!
      I would like to join your thread. For those of you who have not met me yet, I have been here awhile. Completed my first 30 AF in June and then it all fell apart over the 4th of july weekend. I had several AF days in July then went on Vacation 7-18 and drank every day while there and since. Today is Day 1 again. I had a bad fallout with my boss at work and need to look for a new job. I need to get my head on straight, lose weight and feel good about myself so that I have all the confidence going into new situations.
      I started a thread a while back saying I was concerned MWO was my new addiction as I was spending so much time here, that I felt I was not living and enjoying my AF life. Well, come to find out, I was not quite ready to wean myself from here totally. I still need the support and am dangerous when left to myself right now. AL is still too strong a force.
      Vera-b I think your idea of first one on starting the thread is a good one. Bessie can still wear the crown but not have the responsibility of having to start the thread each day.
      Paula, welcome and I hope the negative posts you have seen are not going to drive you away. I have had nothing be positive support
      Seacailin!!! CONGRATS ON 30 DAYS!!!!!!! that is so awesome! I have watched your journey and you have a lot to be proud of.
      Well, I am off to bed so that I can wake up and get an early start to work tomorrow.
      Thanks for letting me join this thread and sorry I missed some of you.
      "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Comment

Working...
      X