On the precipice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the precipice

The question I have as a brand new person here is the question of how do I really live my life without the old friend I know and love(hate) and how do I live my life in a social world that I have and is built around drinking as a main activity?? I guess ultimately it is a question around strength. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts that are not necessarily based in taking any other drugs instead of this one???

girlfriend

On the precipice

welcome, girlfriend... and let me suggest you are getting ahead of yourself... it is really important to focus first on you, and how alcohol is affecting you and your life... then decide what to do about that... then work out the nuts and bolts of what your life will look like, if/when you decide to give up the alcohol...

read the MWO book, and do some more looking around here... tell us something about what's going on with your drinking... and go from there. This is a great program and a great place to get help and support if that is what you decide that you want!

best wishes,

wip

Comment

On the precipice

Welcome
      I can certainly understand the concern about social situations. I made alot of drinking buddies over the past four years. I had to let go of those friends. The friends who are really close to me applaud my efforts at being alcohol free. I agree with WIP about taking one thing at a time, and setting your priorities. If AL is causing you problems, and you want to kick it, start with focusing on yourself. I wish you well.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

On the precipice

Yes, start out by reading the mwo book, it has alot of info in it.
        Also the mwo is not necessarily based on taking other drugs. There are alot of folks that do not take topa, campral or other. There are some natural supplements that help with cravings and getting your body back to healthy. As well as hpyno CDs. Read through some threads and you will get a better idea of MWO. It really is a program that is adaptable for all philosophys....

Hope to hear from you.
        workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Working...
        X