day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 2

Well, I'm here and petrified - - - again. I am on my 2nd day of sobriety, not knowing if I will be sober by the weekend. I need to be sober. I drink way way way too much. Lose many nights, however, never hung over and always responsible the next day. I'm 46 years old and don't want to continue to not know what I did the night before. I think I would like to start making memories. I have been reading your posts and I believe I can gain the support here I need. Thanks. Hope to get to know you more::thanks:

day 2

Very much hope to get to know you more as well~

I am in the understanding that we are all getting to know ourselves also.

Be good to yourself, appreciate your wonderful qualities.
    Your pure reflection awaits.
    May today bring you some relief from what brings you down.

This really is an unveiling of what is already perfectly designed.
    :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

day 2

Welcome

Greetings gg-- :welcome:

I am new here, too, but already I am more determined to stop drinking. I'm like you in that I can almost always function the next day and carry on, but it's just getting to be so tiresome and stressful. People here have very wise advice and offer so much support. I look forward to knowing more about you! Let's do it! Alley

Comment

day 2

Well said TM2B!
        Welcome Guitar girl. TM2B is so right, this is a journey where we get to know ourselves. It is scary, difficult, exciting and SO very worthwhile. You will be supported here. Give yourself a little time to start seeing the benefits. Stay close to the boards and draw encouragement from everyone here.
        Good luck
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

day 2

Hello and Welcome Guitargirl
          I wish u well as u begin this journey. I look forward to reading your future posts. The support and advice from the others here is phenomenal. Stick around. We are all here for one another.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

day 2

Welcome guitar girl,
            You are already on day 2 without AL. That is a feat in and of itself! Way to go girl! Just take one day at a time...that's one of our big mantras and it helps. You will love all the support and love that pours out of the people on this site and it is genuine. I'll look forward to more of your posts. Best of luck! Kriger
            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

day 2

I'm right there with ya girl. Today is day one. Very scary huh? I'm 42 and wish so much I could turn back the clock because of all the stupid things I've done. But we can't. At least we're here now, and thats what counts. It's never too late. Keep it up, lots of luck coming your way:welcome:
              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

day 2

wow

:HI feel like the popular girl in high school. I didn't know if i would even receive a response at all. Thank you all so much. It's so encouraging for me. My heart gave a little kick when I got through. we are on day 3 now. Whew. I finally slept like a rock last night. I woke up feeling like I had taken a sleeping pill - but Thank God, I hadn't. I was talking to my partner and saying that I am wanting to find new habits in the evenings besides drinking. Such habits we make and waste so many beautiful nights. We even set rules (after years of screwing up) - now we aren't allowed to answer the phone or email anyone when we drink, because we are much braver - and/or stupid.

Oh - to be able to answer the phone - not be paranoid and the most exciting thing is I know exactly what I've done for 3 nights in a row! Dull as I am - at least I remember.

I am pumped up about this. I've been praying to find some group that can support me. My partner supports me, but we are co-dependent - all she has to say is - I sure would like "one" drink. - - Well, that's all it takes. I want to be strong strong strong and not do that. She is unaware that I'm here for now - I will definitely share with her later, but for now - I don't want to set myself up for another failure. It's truly one day at a time for me. Maybe one hour. Again - - thank you

Comment

day 2

Hi guitar girl
                  Glad you found us. This is an amazing site with lots of amazing people to help us along the tricky road we all find ourselves on.
                  All the best.

Comment

day 2

Welcome guitar girl!
                    Oh the phone, the phone...that should be a thread in itself! I used to leave myself notes to let me know if I was cool or not. Sometimes they said, "all's fine, no worries", or "Your dad called and he's an ASSHOLE!". What a relief if is to wake us and know exactly what happened, no apologies, etc!
                    Keep up the great work!:thumbs:
                    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

day 2

so far so - - okay

Alley - - how are things with you? Hope you are doing okay.

:guitar1::guitar1:It's Thursday and I made it thru Grocery night without buying any alcohol! That is a trigger. I skipped the isle and didn't look up it. It's so crazy how it literally pulls me into it. Like some force I can't stop. But - - I didn't look. Remember the movie "The Beautiful Mind". His other "people" were always there, but he chose not to look at them. that is what I'm trying to do today. The weekend will be difficult. Trying to find other things to do. Last night I stayed outside pulling weeds until it was close to 9pm, then came in to sit with my dogs for about an hour, then went to bed. I can't have too much leisure.
                      Haven't been able to play my guitar, because it's something that I link with a drink. I will play soon - maybe with a cup of coffee. But it's Thursday and I'm still sober. WOHOO!!

Comment

day 2

Guitar Girl, GOOD FOR YOU! I've done quite a bit of weed-pulling in the evenings, too, even (especially) when it is really hot out... I imagine the toxins leaving my body with the sweat... And your strategy of noticing the thoughts and impulses, but then "NOT LOOKING AT THEM" is really good. Keep going, and stick around here, OK?

wip

Comment

day 2

You are Doing Great!

Guitar Girl, thanks for asking about me. I feel terrible this morning, but getting my story down helped to set me on a straighter path, I think. I really am fine most of the time except for the stupid drinking. So, Day 1 again for me!

You are racking up the days like crazy! Way to go! I know what you mean about associating certain things with drinking. I love to be outside, working in the dirt, but I always "reward" myself with beers afterwards, so it's hard to just do the outside work alone. I think the coffee and guitar combo sounds like a good idea! Keep it up! Have a great day! :goodjob: Alley

Comment

day 2

Alli, don't feel terrible about yourself. you are here and that is so important. I need to just be accountable to someone other than myself. I obviously don't care if I lie to myself - or whatever, but trying to be honest, be that good, bad or ugly - that is a step. You are being honest. Believe me, I can't count the days - months even that every day was day one. For me, today is another day one. I can't get excited about 4 days. lol. That is a drop in the bucket. When I get through the weekend - -I'll be excited - maybe. Fearfully. Stay here, Alli - Us newbee's need each other.

:yougo:

Comment

day 2

A work in progress - thanks! I think I will get there. Any other ideas to fill up the evening will be takine. It's good to sleep at night. There are already some changes that I feel - just rest and the peace when I first wake up and remember that I'm not freaking out about the night before - it's really nice. There is nothing better than sleeping peacefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X