Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sucks

:sorry::sorry::upset:
    Hey everyone and thank you for your feedback. Not a good day. Just had a feel good drink earlier and was doing good. Wife left for work and started texting about the fight Friday night. Let it go already. So I made a big one and an pretty buzzed right now. I know this is awful but I think I drink so much because of my wife and job. I know I should take responsibility for my actions but damm. My son who is 13 also thinks I drink because of my wife and job. He told me just about an hour ago thats why i drink. What do I do? When she left me for a year and a half I was gold. House clean, boy fed, drinking a couple before bed, no real need. Now Damm. Don't want to bring anybody down but had to vent. I hope you all are stronger than me. I'm going to make another, play GTA4 and release some hostile feelings. Pease to you all and I will post tomorrow and also read your words of hope and inspiration, but tonight i'm lost.

Luna:sorry:

This sucks

Luna
    You drink so much because you like the buzz...not because of your wife or job. Those are the excuses you make to allow yourself to drink...been there done that. Keep trying to string AF days together, it does get easier
    And no I'm not AF but I think I accept that I am the sole reason for my drinking and that is that.
    The more AF days I can string together in a row, the clearer the picture gets.

Try it

K
    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

This sucks

Luna, have a big drink of water, and get some rest. You are in a real turmoil right now. It will sort itself out. I have a teenager as well as a 2 yr old so I understand the frustration. Mave get on Chat and that will even thngs out for you a bit for now.

Take care,
      CS

Comment

This sucks

Luna, You asked so I will tell you. I think the same as Katie, you drink because you want to drink, period. Has it ever occured to you that some of the problems with your wife and your job are because of your drinking? Just a thought.

One more thing, do you think this is a healthy conversation to be having with a your 13 year old son? You might want to think about that one!

Really think about whether you really want to stop drinking and then just do it! You can do it!

Best Wishes,
        Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

This sucks

Luna,
          I am sorry you were having a hard time last night. I hope this morning, you feel a little better, and more prepared to attempt to avoid alcohol, if that is the goal you are seeking.

As Kate stated above, I too am worried by your conversation with your son.

I am not judging you, so I sure hope I don't come across that way. Maybe I am just over protective of kids, because of my own drinking, and my own children.

Take good care, keep posting. This is a wonderful place!

K
          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

This sucks

Luna,
            First and foremost, don't be sorry. Sorry has a way of keeping us down and unable to jump back on that horse. Forgive yourself right away so you can move on to your own personal journey. There was a quote that I don't have down exactly but it goes something like this- We can only be happy if we decide to be. I think the jist of it is that we make our own happiness; happiness has very little to do with the people around us or even our circumstances, it is how we feel within. Good luck. I'm looking forward to todays post, luna, to see how you are feeling? kriger
            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

This sucks

Hi Luna firstly don't be sorry for sharing all this with us, but its no use blaming other people for your drinking its what my councillor calls the poor me syndrom poor me, poor me, pour me another drink !!!! ring true ? I am not critasising u as I did that for to many years to mention and in my experience if u are having relationship problems drinking only increases them certainly does not provide a solution, and its sooooooooooo true there are no answers at the bottom of a bottle. Jusr out of inersest if its not being to personal but what does your wife do that makes u drink. I blamed everybody else for my years husbands boyfriends work life childhood the works for years gave me a grand excuse to drown my sorrow, because life was so mean to me I deserved a drink to make it better < what a joke !!!! make it better it just Sorry to use this language but here goes it just fucked it up big time, time and time again. So luna my advise be brave come out of the shaddows own what and why u r drinking and find a way that works for you and belive me being af will give u a better buzz than anything that comes in a bottle

Good luck DD x

Comment

This sucks

It's a new day

Hi everybody,

Thank you for the wonderful advice and support. I love that you keep it all real, I need that. Today woke up hungover and feeling bad, now I read your responses and I feel a lot better. You are all right, I do have the feel sorry for myself syndrom, blaming stuff on everything around me except myself. About my son, thank you all for the concern, It may not be the best thing discussing this with a 13 year old but he is very smart, intuitive and I do value his opinion, he is my best friend, it doesn't make it right and I will not involve him any further. He is a great kid and I take very good care of him. If I could just take care of myself that well I would be doing fine.

:thanks:

Comment

This sucks

Luna, brush yourself down and start again. It's not easy but it IS worth it. Grab the support with both hands and keep going buddy.
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

This sucks

yea i here ya,your doin ok ,as they say dont beat yourself,pik up again where u left off and try try again gyco goodluck to ya

Comment

Working...
                    X