• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all the mamms in ireland

[ame= ]YouTube - Bad Livers - "Lathe Crick"[/ame]

Comment

Hey Captn. I think we all get these moments of self-loathing don't we? The feeling that we're not quite good enough in some way, like we're tainted because of our addictive nature. How is anyone gonna ever understand us if we don't even understand ourselves. It's easy to give up and think that way and I often did myself and although I was sober I was not really living. I remember you posting to me a lot of times when I talked of my melancholic moments in threads in the past and I think you and I are alike in many ways mate. For all the groundwork I've done etc it's not gonna change who I am as a person regarding my melancholy. I just have to learn to go with it and I guess when you have moments yourself like this you just gotta ride the waves as best ya can. Just don't capsize mate like I nearly did the other week!!

Right now about that photo.......You remind me of an Irish geezer I knew in London who used to be a bouncer on an after hours drinking den in Wood Green. It was a right shit hole but most of the people from my local used to end up in there. His name was Tommy and he had the most enormous hands and by god did I feel his wrath one night after he caught my mate and I snorting speed in the mens toilets with 2 girls. He frickin reigned blows down on the back of my head as his mate was frog marching me out the place!! Of course when I got outside I started being all 'gobby' cause I was whizzing me tits off and said I was gonna kill the fucker. Anyway the following morning I woke up with kebab all down me top and me dreads caked in chilli sauce and the most gigantic lump on the back of me 'ead. Guess what I'd been vegetarian for 7 fuckin years before that night!! I also turned up back in me local that day little realising that Tommy was the bouncer for the pub on gig nights/afternoons. Well it just happened to be a Sunday Afternoon with a blues band setting up to play and guess who I bumped into..................The Salty Sea bass himself!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Keep ya chin up mate

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Capt...you know what you need?

Comment

BLACK IRISHMAN .....WHERE DID THEY COME FROM ? THEY SAY WHEN THE BRITISH FOUGHT WITH THE SPANISH DURING THIER WARS...THE SPINISH BOATS THAT WERE SUNK...HAD SPANISH SAILORS THAT MADE THJIER WAY TO IRELAND & SCOTLAND. MOST FOUGHT THE ENGLSH RULE..MOST STILL FOLLOWED THE CATHOLIC LAW, IAD.
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

lots of black haired ,fair skinned ,blue eyed paddies west of ireland ,must of landed there!

Comment

Thanks guys I feel like a right twat. And yes elvis in the days he was eatin deep fried mars bars lol. Hips that story is friggin hilarious funny you say that about the bouncer I have had a few scraps with those pricks all juiced up with dutch courage and what. Any way better today suns shining again love you lot
              Cap

Comment

Sun maybe shining there mate but I'm just off to bed it's 1.20am here in the UK!! Hoped that story may of brought a smile to your face............That's why I told it!!!!!lol Glad you enjoyed the Amy Whinehouse piss take as well!! Thought that one a bit rude to post in the joke section!! You're a good egg mate!! Don't beat yourself up too much. We love ya!

Love and Happiness
                Hippie
                xx
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Captn - Just wondering about your avatar? Do you play? My son is starting on the double bass this year.. He is 13. Plays the bass, was in a Marimba band this past school year.. Is going to play the double for a jazz group at school and bow the dbl bass in concert band..

Also hope your boat has got full sails again..
                  workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Hi MWO2 yes sails are full again thanks. I do play the double although not very well my principal instrument is the electric bass which I have been playing since i was 13 also I play guitar. In numerous bands through out the 80' s playing everything from thrash to R and b jazz folk whatever. You must be very proud of your son he sounds really good. i wish i had parents that encouraged me in those early days. Dont let him be the butt of bass player jokes hey!!!!!!!! you know the ones...... how do you tell if the stage is level just look at wich side the dribble is comming out of the bass players mouth

Comment

HA ! My son is so short that he is going to need to stand on a milk crate to bow the bass, prob. untill he is a senior. His Dad plays a 5 string acoustic/electric bass, doesnt read music..I read music and used to play clarinet and oboe. My son has played trumpet/french horn and bass. It keeps him grounded, he's (as he say with head bobbing) "cool" when it comes to playing in front of people. Looking for someone to give him lessons to get started on the bow, hopefully a High School student, not as much $ for this single Mom lol. Also have a friend that has an old blues bass player that will give him free pointers, yahoo
                      Thanks for sharing, nice to "meet" someone who plays the dbl.
                      :band2:
                      workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Shit one I look like a friggin Poooffff not that there is anything wrong with that. Bit upset at the fucking lenair cure thing love you sweet irish heart though always
                        cap

Comment

With out being rude!!!!!!HAAAAAAAAA check out the journey never ends thread I am getting a full brazillian wax with doubled sided duct tap OUCH
                          cap

Comment

Haaaaa your a fuckin riot actually Im not very hairy never have been still usin the disposable pack of razors my dear departed da gave me when i turned 12 well actually every now and then . He said this imagine a deep voice" SON I KNOW YOUR LATE BLOOMER SO WHEN YOU GROW A REAL MANS HAIR HAVE THESE YOU WILL NEED THEM. well fuck me blind dad thanks bless his soul unfortunatley he had no idea what a snooty old prick like me was like love him dearly

Comment

Hi Capt,

Just reading your post the over whelming i can remember having this feeling before my 60days af it felt like a rush of waves coming over me or i felt like a headless chicken when i was in my super market that day, (if that makes sense)....Make sure your head is above water or like hippie said ride the wave....dont let it build up inside you.....and remember to say no to AL. (be strong)

All the best

Teardrop.x
                              family is everything to me

Comment

Thanks tears you always make sense and comfort me I love you!!!!! you are such a sweet heart!!!! and you one 2 i wanna put my hands through this feckin screen and bloody hug you so much you are the sweetest of gals
                                ]Love always Cap

Comment

Working...
                                X