Day One-Success/Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One-Success/Failure

Well yesterday was supposed to be day one. And although I was not AF I did not over do it. I started alot later and only had 2 glasses of wine. I felt very positive all night. I got out on our trampoline with my son, went for a ride on out 4 wheeler. Tried very hard to find activities to replace drinking. I am hopeful I can start having AF days, and more of them in a row. For now I am just going to stay positive and not beat myself up if I drink and remember my goal.
    Thanks to all for your support, I really enjoy coming here.

Also, I love the CDs but was wondering, does it matter the order? I haven't figured out a way to find the time to listen to them as they are recomended. So far only at night. I so look forward to them.

:thanks:
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Day One-Success/Failure

way to go girl,one step at a time,stay positive gyco moderate

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

good luck ak ,sounds like a good start.

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

I am not sure about the CDs but from what I gather through the book, you can take the elements of the programme that work for you and tailor them to your lifestyle. As they are clearly helping keep going with what you can!! Every little bit helps and whatever keeps you positive (which you sound right now) will help.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

Good for you akgirl! It's really hard trying to remain upbeat with on the road to sobriety. Having loved around you does help quite a lot. And your children are the best medicine, every time I look at my little girl I feel nothing but love and pride. She keeps my soul at ease and my heart constantly full.

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

Sounds like a positive start AK! As far as the CD's go, I think the most important one right now is the clearing CD, which will help remove roadblocks that might stop you from really getting the hypnotic suggestions. After that, I think you can listen as able. I don't have any real system and just plug in whatever is handy. They are a wonderful help to me!!!
            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

Thanks

Thanks all,

I really want a AF day but for now if I can keep it @ 1-2 I think it will be a good start. I haven't started the meds yet. I'm a little nervous because of the side effects. I want to get everything to become routine, exercise, supps & CDs. Maybe I can do it without the meds.
              Or maybe I should try them and it would jump start things...I don't know. I just know that so far I love this program and place. It took me so long to get here. I'm just glad I finally made it.

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

I've never been on the meds before either; it's not a route I wish to take. I am trying my best at moderation and to cut down my intake. The supps. do help a great deal, I highly recommend them. This is a truly wonderful place to be to help you on your journey, and the people are fabulous.

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

I love the supps. I've been researching natural remedies for awhile now because of my son. He was diagnosed ADD and I just couldn't stand the thought of giving him the medications. I was wondering if larger doses help more? I was thinking of taking extra Kudza, it really seemed to help when i was on it alone.

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

I always took extra when the cravings were really strong; you can even open a capsule and pour it on your tongue for faster absorption. The taste is somewhat to be desired, but it does the trick.

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

Thanks Gia, thats good to know. I am determined to have AF days.

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

You are at the right place. Just remember your goal , and take it one day at a time.

We can beat this!!

:good:
                        winkmonkey:

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

akgirl;376850 wrote: Thanks Gia, thats good to know. I am determined to have AF days.
                          I strive for those as well; I love your desire to beat this!

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

Hi akgirl,

I had the luxury of listening to the cd's in the recommended order as my children are young adults and my job at the church is part time. They (the cd's) have been an integral part of my journey to long term sobriety. However, I believe I understood the "directions" to read that if you were not able to do the whole set, the results would just take a little longer. So, I think the important thing is to do what you can and know that they will work over time. I am going to order the special occasion cd tonight in anticipation of going to my parents over the labor day weekend. Will need the extra boost!

Your determination is key and just as important as the rest of the program. It will help you during the days when that monster AL comes a callin'. Good luck Alaska.

V.

Comment

Day One-Success/Failure

Thanks Vera

I've only been here a few days but the support is awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X