okie dokie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okie dokie

Well, last night went very well. I didn't consume until 7:30...yippie! I had 4 shots then I used the lemon water. Other than having to get up in the middle of the night to visit the girls room:H It was a very good night. Tonight we are having friends over and I hope to stay in control again. I am thinking of getting some wine as I dont like it as much as the rum. I was reading other posts with people saying they use to escape their busy minds and I realized that is exxactly what i use it for. my mind is so busy and during the day i just stay busy, but in the evenings i just love sitting and relaxing, i need to find out how to feel relaxed without the help of the drink. thanks for the replies to my last post. it is really helping to know that there are people who care.:h

okie dokie

Hi Okie

I don't know if this helps as I am really new at this but what worked for me last night was to put green tea or whatever else in the glass I use to drink wine in and carry it with me just like before. I continued doing what I normally did and although it probably sounds silly, it still kinda "felt" like I was drinking. I don't know...worked last night anyways.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

okie dokie

OneTwo I am so happy for you that you did not drink last night... that was a big one! [too bad about your tongue, though... LOL...]

Green tea is my drink of choice now, along with V-8!

wip

Comment

okie dokie

Hi,
        I have been moderating for four weeks. One slip, but besides that, most days AF. Changing my routine works very well. If you want to drink wine, try to get one that you don't "like" as much.

I stopped drinking beer entirely. I used Topa for 3 weeks and it made anything with bubbles taste like aluminum. I could be scarred for life.

Maybe try going AF for thirty days. That is my goal for September. The less I drink, the less I want to drink.

Well, usually on Friday's at 5pm (which it is now) I would stop by the Pub to see the "Friday" crowd. Instead, I brought my gym clothes to work and am going there instead. I'm sure it will be a good tomorrow!

Good luck with your weekend and just keep whispering in your head "I hate hangovers more then I like this drink"...it really worked for me.:goodjob:
        AF since 2/4/10
        Nicotine free since 3/31/10
        FINALLY FREE

Comment

okie dokie

Sorry Healer,
          Your not okie...silly me. Crazy day at work.

Good luck to you
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

okie dokie

Hi Guys,
            Had to open this thread cuz I thought it was for me
            I'm taking an evening yoga class....great for relaxation!

Comment

Working...
            X