Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

I did it! I finally did it! I actually went to bed 100% sober. I am so excited. And truth be told, it wasn't as hard as I thought. I bought a bottle of wine (just in case) even opened it at one point, but never took not even one drink.

I'm drinking the same as I was, but from now on it's green tea instead of white merlot:H
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic news AK:goodjob:
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Well done AKgirl!!

How awesome is it to wake up on that first AF day? I'm also on green tea, but the iced version.

Sending you positive thoughts for the weekend!!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Substitution is ALLOWED and practical.

Great news. Good luck for today and all the days ahead in a new future!

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

I know that feeling - weird, isn't it? And fabulous!! You can do it again today - actually go to bed tonight instead of passing out, have a sober morning tomorrow.

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Good job! I also do tea...but it is the iced, sweet kind since I was raised in the South!

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Good work. Last time I tried to go to sleep sober, It felt like my heart keeps stopping, very hideous. I wake up in fright thinking I'm dying!

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Thank you all!

I appreciate the positive feedback, feels wonderful.

Lestat your avatar is scary

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

I am SOOOO proud of you AK! I knew you could do it. I know you feel "happy as a clam" today like I did a few days ago. Your confidence, happiness and peace will expand with every day that goes by. Have a great AF day! Kriger
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

I feel silly saying this but did anyone buy wine in a box. I used to buy it in the 5 liter size so I wouldn't run out as fast (A wine bottle is only 5 glasses isn't it?). I actually have an opened one in my frig (white). It belongs to our neighbor- he takes care of his older mom, so he walks down to our house to get drunk. Doesn't that stink? We were his good drinking buddies. I think I'm going to have to get him to take it home. I don't need to be looking at it everytime I go into the kitchen! I guess my husband will be his future "buddy" of the bottle (or Box). AK, you might want to think about pouring out that opened bottle of wine before the "witching hour" tonight. I'd love to see you join me on our 1st AF weekend. What do you say? Kriger
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Congratulations!!! And I agree with Kriger... get ridda that wine!!! Best wishes, way to go!!

wip

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Thanks Kriger,

Yeah you're probably right about the wine and yes I used to buy wine in the box. That way I didn't have to show my face daily at the liquor store. I feel so strong, I AM going to make it through the weekend. I feel like a new person:yay:

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Hi Akgirl, That is so great going Al free is a great feeling. you will have a lot of support here. Believe me the people on this site have been here for me big time. As for the wine get rid of it. I read your other post about your son. That really hit me. maybe you should get rid of the wine so he doesn't feel scared that you will drink. don't mean to stick my nose in about your son just a thought he will probably feel more relax. have a great Al free weekend you can do this sweetie

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

I KNOW you will make it throught this weekend and we'll both be able to pat each other on the back! kriger

Comment

Day One AF.....Yahoo!!!!

Don't feel silly Kriger, I used to buy the 5lt box but it would only last me 3 days and I would have to find another bottle store to buy the next one from!

I have a bottle in the fridge but it's been there since last month and I haven't touched it, every once in a while it buggs me, but I just can't throw it away.... stupid I know, but after I have done my 30 days AF (on 8 days so far) I am hoping to go back to modding but maybe not?? My feelings are so mixed at the moment I like not worrying about whether I should or shouldn't have a drink, that decision has been taken away from me while I am AF and it has actually made my evenings more peaceful knowing I CANT!

I'm rambling again.... hope everyone has a great weekend!
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                              X