Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome All Newbies!!!

Thanks Accountable,
    We just got him about a month ago. What a little pistle he is. Alot of fun. Hope you are all having a great Friday night.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

Welcome Neaker! 36 days AF good for you...glad that you have read the book and are getting some supplements, and on topa too. I have been AF 41 days with the book, supps, cds no topa. Reading and posting will help so much as you continue your journey....
      remember to drink lots of water....with lemon yum.

How did you do you your first 36 days? With the topa or just because you had the mind set, which is a very powerful thing in itself, I do know that I had gotten to the point where I knew that I just needed to be done with al.
      workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

Hi and welcome everyone. I happened upon RJ's book My Way Out a little over two years ago. I had gone to the book store to browse the self-help section (BECAUSE I NEEDED HELP). I found her book, took it home, read it, and then discovered this place. I've been logging on here ever since. I don't post tons, but I log on almost every day. I take most of the supplements, also the Topamax (for the past two and a half weeks), and have the meditation CD's. This forum is the best aspect of RJ's program (although I do think all of it is great). I remember my first posts two years ago. I was nervous, but obviously for no reason, I'm still here. Good luck to everyone and welcome again!

Julie

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

6 days af

i am into my 6th day af and been really hard with all my mates in the pub or on the phone to me saying come we are going on one. My trouble is i dont know when to stopand even when i had way to much i will still go thru a bottle of neat vodka. this has led me into trouble with the law yet again for being aggressive. something i am really not by nature. up in court monday after only being a few months ago, and already on probation. had the opputunity to prove to my partner i had changed only to go and get the vodka and act like a pratt. its not about the withdrawls at the moment but the lifestyle. find myself not answering the phone or going out of the house. not been workin as lost me job to the drink and have found myself drinking even more. been a daily drinker for 20 years and that all i really know. lost everything i ever wanted in life to the booze!!!

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

Hi there everyone. It is so difficult to keep up with all the new members isn't it? I guess that just goes to show we are not alone by any stretch of the imagination. It's great to hear that MWO and Neaker have successfully reached the af days that they have and it's wonderful to hear all the stories of the beginnings of this incredible journey. I am on day 32 thanks to all the information and support I have found here. I have never felt better really. Of course there are still tough times but doesn't everyone have that?

Spiders, you are doing great with your 6 days af. You have realised that al doesn't work for you any more. Its scary changing your life but it can be done as has been proved by many people here. You WILL succeed and you will find that you gain so much more from being af than letting alcohol control you. Stay close and take all the support and help that you need.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

L-Glut

I finished reading MWO last night. I had bought L-Glutamine from reading posts on this site that's it's very helpful, and RJ recommends it in her book, but on the supp. chart she doesn't list it at all. do you just take it when you think your danger time is approaching to fight off cravings? I'm going to try and find the ALL ONE here, but if not, I'll order it online.
              I think last night was the first Friday night AF I've had in years! See if I can do it again tonight for a AF Saturday night --- unheard of!

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

I want to talk to all but there are so many newbies- I love you all even if I don't mention you specifically. Neaker, mwo2 and startingover- you deserve a huge pat on the back for being over 30 days-that is my quest right now (I'm on day 5, right there with spider). New Day, look on this site under Research, then go to the left side of the page and look for program updates. Click on that and half way down that page there is a link to click ond to display the new updated supplement suggestions-RJ has made quite a few chgs to the supplements to include L-Glutamine, etc. Let me know if you find it. The Milk Thistle is only taken once a day but double the dose, B-50 is changed to after dinner. I can't take 5-HTP or GABA because I am on an antidepressant-celexa (too much seratonin uptake can cause seratonin uptake syndrome-very dangerous). Before taking any of the supplements I asked two separate Pharmacists about combining all of these things together with the meds I already take (I think pharmacists know more about drug interactions than Drs do). I've got an issue with my uterus right now that I need to resolve(maybe a future hysterectomy) so Kudzu might not be so good. I'm going to risk it for a few weeks for the cravings. I go in for a biopsy 8/28, so I will discuss the Kudu with OB/GYN. I am getting through my first weekend with ease and feeling quite proud of myself. Self-respect is a powerful thing. Have a great AF day! kriger
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

New Day,
                  Congrats on the Fri night! I haven't had an AF weekend in years either. It feels good, doesn't it? kriger
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

Thanks Gia,
                    Do you mind me asking how long you have been AF or do you mod? You seem to have it all together. Actually my husband has cut down on his drinking in the last few days- it is an added benefit to this program. My husband is a wonderful man and when he drinks he gets really cuddly and affectionate, like a teddy bear, but I worry about the health of both of us. My hopes are that he follows me to AF or at least cuts down. It will unfold as it does- I must have faith that "Its all good". Have a great weekend Gia. kriger

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

Hi all,
                      I love hearing all the success stories. This is truly an amazing system. Makes something I thought was impossible....very doable.
                      Day two, only had one. Thought I "deserved it" being Friday and all. Thought maybe I would just mod at first. Poured the second....never touched it. My tea tasted so much better. Although I have to say I drank a bunch of that. The only trouble I had was falling asleep. After years of either passing out or going to bed extremely buzzed it was hard to find a comfortable spot and shut my mind off. Still, I woke up feeling awesome.
                      Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful weekend

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

AK,
                        Good girl...not going for that second drink! I thought I would have a difficult time sleeping but, strangely enough, I am sleeping quite well. Many people suggest breathing exercises to help with that or some camomille tea before bed. Maybe you could try that. Do you have the CDs? Is there a CD you are supposed to play as you fall asleep? (I don't have them yet). Enjoy your Sat, AK. I'm sure we'll be talking throughout the weekend. kriger

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

Gia,
                          I tried to mod the first couple of days. I remember last Sunday, spending the entire day AF until about 6pm, then I had a beer. By the time I went to bed at 10pm I had ingested 12 beers, I'm sure. I was literally pounding them to make up for lost time, I guess. It was somewhat of a wake-up call to me that mod is probably not in my DNA. I am going to do the 30 days and maybe even try for 90 days-then I will see if mod will work for me. I would love to think of AL like I do butter. We have 3.2 beer here in Utah so 12 beers is probably like 9 in any other state (what an excuse, huh?). Anyway, day 5 for me! Gia, you always sound so positive; I know you will make it-ODAT. Have fun with your family this weekend. kriger

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

Hi Kriger,

Yes, I have the CDs, but to be quite honest I'm having a hard time working them into my schedule. I also wonder about doing them for the recommended time and in the right order.
                            I am a person who likes quite when I sleep, very sensitive hearing, so having the sound of a river along with no alcohol... well let's just say I'm working on it. One day at a time right?

You and Gia are who I'm talking with most and I know some about her but not you. As for me.
                            42yr old single mom of a wonderful 12 yr old boy. Graphic Artist by trade, originally from las Vegas, lovin life in Alaska

hope you are doing well

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

Update on Supps

Kriger --- thanks for pointing me to the Research and update on supps. I've printed it out and will stick it inside the book for future reference. Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do in Research as well.. wow! :thanks:

Comment

Welcome All Newbies!!!

kriger, the difference in your posts lately has been quite amazing. You seem so much stronger and more determined. It's great to read that!!
                                I have a question for you about GABA and anti deppressants. I am taking prozac and have just started gaba, should I not take it? I am also taking kudzu and lglut they are helping me so much. Are these OK with prozac do you know?
                                Thanks and WELL DONE for your 5 days - your hubby sounds amazing too

Gia - Modding is not in my DNA either, I am an all or nothing girl
                                Well done AK, the first steps are the hardest and then it just gets better and better!!
                                Hope you are all having a great weekend.
                                SO x
                                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X