Slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slipping

I am 3 days into this and because of the weekend and friends and circumstances I feel like I want to slip. When I left work on Friday its like yeah, it's Miller time and in the town I live in drinking is a like badge of honor. Maybe I'm just getting bored, the weather is bad. I was invited out but declined because I didn't want to put myself in that situation. I'm going to have a glass of tea and redirect my thoughts...this might be harder than I thought....
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Slipping

AK,
    Don't do it, baby. I'm right here with you. Remember it's you and me on our first weekend AF. It is Sat night and all we have then is Sunday. Drink as much tea as you need and keep posting if you can; there seems to bed more activity on the board this evening compared to last night. I'm rooting for your success. You will feel SO proud if you wake up Monday without having had AL- you'll be on day 5 and I'll be on day 7!!! I'll be sending positive thoughts your way. I'll talk to you later. I have almost been planted here all day. I have a little lower digestive uneasiness today, but nothing serious. I have very little appetite but that won't hurt me- I could stand to lose a few anyway. Go watch the Olympics, if you have the interest. Love to you, my friend. Stay strong! kriger
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Slipping

You guys are awesome, I did slip a bit... the wine goes, I'm pouring tea now....thanks to you guys....thanks. I want this so bad

Kriger i feel a special connection with you since we are starting our journey together. You are all wonderful

Comment

Slipping

Stick with the tea!!! You're doing great - be proud of yourself NOW - and even prouder tomorrow morning. These hours seem endless, but they'll pass. Stay Strong - you can do it! I'm right there with you - just day 2 for me, but you are inspiring me!

Comment

Slipping

Thank you Singon,
          Although I slipped a bit, only one, I'm still counting this as day three, unless I binge bad, this is my start and I refuse to beat myself up and start over. I can do this. Thursday was the first night I went to bed sober, it was awesome. There was another thread about the magic day 8/8/8. I am determined to keep this time in my heart as the time I turned my life around. I am not going to get technical on dates and drinks, just the feeling in my heart and the friends I've made here. Please stay with me, I feel like I really need you all now to get through this hard part. I will try to watch over you all as well:h

Comment

Slipping

AK, remember the lemon water too -- you will be surprised how it can take the edge off. You are smart and aware. Sat is almost over!

Comment

Slipping

Ak,
              Good girl; I knew you could do it. Now go throw the rest of the wine away. That is the best course of action to avoid temptation. I think you should still count this as day 3- we are going to make it to Monday...and beyond.
              SingOn, It sounds to me like you need to join our "first AF weekend" pact. AK and I decided fri to get through together- we'd be happy to have you join us.
              All three of us need to be strong, one hour at a time. Love to you both, kriger
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Slipping

Kriger is right, join us singon, we'll feel so great on Mon. I thought it woud be easy, and it kind of was during the week with work and everything but the weekend is a different story. Lets stick together.

This is a lifeline

Comment

Slipping

You are a very important part of that lifeline, as well.

Take heart, take in the magic of tea as it is healing and nurturing.
                  Heal and nurture yourself, stay close to where the comfort is.

Be with yourself today as you spoke of ne step at a time. They are blessed steps, each a step forward as your walk away from what ail's you, in each moment you will find yourself.

Listen to the sounds of health and healing as you see them , as you read them from those that care about you because you are meant to be so much more than what this struggle has to offer in its empty promise to unfullfill.

Be filled with what your own voice longs for, your own way out.
                  This is also " Your way In".
                  It is the beginning for you to enter into your true nature, one that is fullfilled and eager to explore all the infinite possibilities for your life.

My sincerest thoughts hold you in the highest esteem.
                  :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Slipping

Wow Theme,

You have an incredible way with words...brought a tear to my eye. And new strength in my heart. I was ready to slam a glass and go to bed and start over tomorrow......I won't.

Thank you:l

Comment

Slipping

Hi AK,
                      I've been following your posts and think you are doing wonderful! When it gets hard for me, I imagine that I'm in a big circle, holding hands with the wonderful people on here, and they refuse to let go. You can do this, just take in a minute at a time!
                      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Slipping

AK, good for you !! You are doing great girl!! It will get easier for you too.
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                        X